Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (20)

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.
I got some pretty good books this week.

Library























I got...
Scarlet by A. C Gaughen.
I already finished this book and it was fantastic!!!
 
 
The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
I haven't heard anything about, but it looks really good.
 
 
Gilt by Katherine Longshore.
I was in the mood for a historin fiction and when I say this at the library it looked good.
 
 
Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould.
Again I haven't heard much about this book, but it sounds like a really good one.





Nook




















I got...
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs.
I started reading this book a while a go, but I wanted to read some other books so I brought it back to the library. So, when I saw that this book was the Friday free book on Nook I thought why not.






Thats what I got this week.
What did you get??
Happy reading







13 comments:

  1. Sweet Venom was interesting. I like it because it had some interesting use of the Medusa myth. Great haul.
    Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it because I love greek mythology and I haven't read any books that are about medusa and I always wanteed to know her story.

      Delete
  2. Gilt sounds super amazing. I've seen it around a lot and I've also seen quite a few positive reviews. I really hope you enjoy it! :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Venom looks good, I just got it for free on my kindle a week or two ago. I'm a new GFC follower:)
    Check out my STS:
    http://andreaheltsley.blogspot.com/2012/12/stacking-shelves-21.html
    Cheers
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you liked Scarlet. I haven't read it yet, but I definitely need to. I love the Robin Hood story, and this twist looks amazing!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing book that I would highly reccomend you read NOW.
      happy reading

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many mixed things about Gilt and I don't know if I should give it a try. Looking forward to your review on that book! (:
    Thanks for stopping by My STS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Venom looks good! Nice haul :)
    Thanks for stopping by my StS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gilt and Scarlet look really good, glad to hear that you liked Scarlet when you read it.

    I got Sweet Venom too! But I got my copy awhile back I think. Hoping to be able to read it soon though. :]

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I've been wanting to read The Brides of Rollrock Island. Good haul. I have Sweet Venom and still need to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh you got Scarlet!!! AND Sweet Venom :D I've also heard great things about Gilt! Congrats on all the goodies, happy reading & thanks for stopping by earlier! Sorry it took me so long to get back :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete