Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke


Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse #1)
Author: Cassandra Rose Clarke
Released: October 2nd 2012
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Page Amount: Paperback, 320 pages

Goodreads summary

Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to an allying pirate clan: she wants to captain her own boat, not serve as second-in-command to her handsome yet clueless fiance. But her escape has dire consequences when she learns the scorned clan has sent an assassin after her.

And when the assassin, Naji, finally catches up with her, things get even worse. Ananna inadvertently triggers a nasty curse — with a life-altering result. Now Ananna and Naji are forced to become uneasy allies as they work together to break the curse and return their lives back to normal. Or at least as normal as the lives of a pirate and an assassin can be





                                                                        ********************
       


My Thoughts


     This book sounded so good when I read the summary. I mean this book has pirates, assassin's, and a impossible curse, who doesn't think that sounds good. When I saw it in Barnes & Noble I was shocked, because I didn't think they would have it because it's not really popular. So, I started reading it right away and boy was this a fast book. It's like the pages just flew from my hand, the plot was that fast.

     However, when I stopped and saw that I read 100 pages and I looked back to see what happened, it dawned on me that not a lot happened, even though it didn't feel slow. For example, there was this part when the two main characters had to go though this desert and all that happened was them walking though the desert for two weeks and then some one attacked them. That in itself happened in 50 pages, but I'm going to say again the book didn't feel slow. I know that sounds weird but I can't explain it more then that.

     The characters in this book where pretty good and I loved the character of Ananna. She was so strong, but not so strong where it isn't realistic. She refused to give up even when she thought the situation was hopeless and she was really relatable to me. She like the person I strive to be.

     One thing I wish we got more of i this book was Naji character. I felt like his character didn't have a lot of depth to it. Which was really disappointing because he was one of the things that I was looking forward in reading this book. So, I hope in the next book we will get to see more depth in his character.

    One of the best things in this book was the relationship between Ananna and Naji. I like how it developed naturally and didn't feel forced. Even though I wish there was more from Naji. It kind of felt like he didn't even feel anything for her, but I hope in the second book we'll get to see more of his side of things.

     The thing that I had the most problem with in this book was the fact that it felt like the whole purpose of this book was just to set up the next book. I like it when the first book in a series has its own plot and the second book keeps going off of that plot, so the second book feels like the next instalment. However, this book felt like it was written just to set up the next book, which really annoyed me. Even with that said the adventure they went on was enjoyable, and I can't wait for the second one to come out and see how the accomplish the three impossible tasks.  

     All in all, this was a pretty good book with a few things that I didn't like, but over all it had good characters, and an enjoyable and adventurous plot that I had fun reading and I can't wait to see what happens next.


This book got.....



4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a good book.
Recommend if you like: Adventure books, fast paced books, and Pirates.







Thats my review I hope you liked it.
Happy reading






 



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to continue on with the series! I haven't read this yet, but it's high on my to read list. I'm really looking forward to it.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete