Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review: Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen


Grade: 5 Butterflies
Name: Scarlet (Scarlet #1)
Author: A. C. Gaughen
Released: February 14th 2012
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Page Amount: Hardcover, 292 pages


Goodread summary

Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance.

Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in.

It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for




    
                                                                 ******************


My Thoughts


     This book was amazing!! Completely and utterly amazing!! I had high expectations for this book, because this book is about Robin Hood, who is one of my favorite literature characters and story ever. So, any book that is about Robin Hood better be good. This book blew my high expectation out of the water. This book was amazing, completely amazing.

     This book is about Will Scarlet who is in Robin Hood's band. In most stories Will Scarlet is a man, but in this story Will Scarlet is actually a woman disguised as a guy. Only Robin and the other guys in the band know her secret. And like most Robin Hood story's its about them trying to save the town from the sheriff with some twists and turns thrown in.

     I'm going to try and express how much I love this book. It completely captivated and enchanted me from page one and didn't let me go until the very last word. It had everything a book lover would want. A twist on a classic fairy tale, characters that make you love them even though they have their faults, and a writing style that just completely awe's you.

     One of the best things in this book was the characters. They where so perfectly flawed. I just wanted to hug them (If that isn't weird). Scarlet was the best character in the book. She was so relatable. I also loved how she was strong but not unbelievable strong, she was also vulnerable. The character of Robin Hood was another flawed, relatable, and haunted charcter that you can't help but love. Although, I got a little annoyed with him towards the end, but other than that I loved him.

     The other thing I really loved in this book was the relationship between Scarlet and Robin. I loved how though the whole book Scarlet slowly starts to relize that she loves him and I loved how Robin tried to push her away. It was probably one of my all time favorite book relationship, but the only thing bad about that is now I want to read more of their relationship and the second book isn't out yet. Why can't it be out!!

     All in all, I fell in love with how A. C Gaughen crafted the charcters and the story line. The whole book was just wonderful, fantastic, and just awesome.


This book got...


5 Butterflies
Blew me away, one of the best books ever.





Thats my review, I hope you liked.
Happy reading












No comments:

Post a Comment