Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks


Grade: 3 Butterflies
Name: Of Poseidon ( Of Poseidon #1)
Author: Anna Banks
Released: May 22nd 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Page Amount: Hardcover, 336 pages

Goodreads summary


Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen — literally, ouch! — both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.









My thoughts


    Ever since I learned that this book was about mermaids, I have wanted to read it. I love mermaids and I love mermaid books, there right up there with Fairy books. I didn't have much expectations for this book because I never read a review about it, but I hoped it would be good. It was good, but nothing more.

    This book is the story of how Emma and Galden fall in love. So, this book is a love story. The summary doesn't clearly say that so it took me till about half way though the book to figure that out.
If I knew that this book was a love story I think the only thing that would have made me read this would have been the mermaids. I am glad that I read it, because it was a good love story.

    The book switches POV from Emma to Galden every couple chapters. When it is in Emma's POV it is in the first person, when it is in Galden's POV it is in third person. I didn't notice this book did that until about half way though.

    The plot was good, it was fast paced, I never got bored and it kept me interested. By chapter 2 I was hooked and I needed to know what happens. However, the only thing that was wrong with this book, contradictory to what I just said, the structure of the plot was the same as most YA books out there. I am not going to say what the structure is, because that would spoil the book and I hate spoilers. However, if you read this book you know what I mean.

    The characters where good and enjoyable. Emma seemed very realistic to me and I liked her, but she just didn't seem to stand out. She wasn't remarkable or special. I am not saying that she was bad, she just wasn't amazing.

    The relationship between Galden and Emma was sweet and believable. Which is surprising since they fell in love in two weeks. So, it was kind of insta-love and I would have hated it, but the author did an excellent job of making their relationship believable. It also helped that they where soul mates, I think. It never really explained the soul mates thing in this book and I am hoping the second book will.

    The ending was great, even though I predicted that would happen. It left me with questions that I need answered now. I can't wait for the next book.

All in all, this was a good book that had a good plot that keeps you interested, a author that made insta-love belivable and I would recommend to everyone.


This book got....

3 Butterflies
Basic, nothing special.




That was my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading










No comments:

Post a Comment