Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday 56 (12) & Feature Friday (11)

 
 

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to Freda's Voice in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.
 
Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout
 
 
"There has to be another way!"
I said and my control snapped. in that instant I was this close to finding out if i could actually take out a god.
 
 
 
 


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Rules
  • Leave your name on the post.
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!
 

 Q: Activity! Who do you want to be? If you could choose any character from a book. What do you think that character looks like and what do you have in common?

      When ever some one asks me this question I instantly go to these three kick-A heroines. Yelena from The Study series by Maria V. Snyder, Celaena from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, and Gin from the Elemental Assassins series. I love these characters because they are so much more then assassins. If you read the books you know what I mean.  I just admire them so much.
     Can I just pick one of the three, you ask. No I can't, because the each have a quality to them that I wish I had. Like Gin's fierce loyalty to the people she loves, Celaena' confidence, and Yelena' ability to think on her feet. That's just some of them.
     What do I have in common with them, absolutely nothing, well maybe Gin's fierce loyalty, but nothing else. These characters are who I strive to be, and no, I do not strive to be a bloodthirsty assassin.




That was my answer, what did you say?
Happy reading












17 comments:

  1. Haven't actually read any of those, but they're all on my TBR list. Can't wait to get to them! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read Poison Study (The first book in the Study series) Now. It is such a fantastic book and it is one of my favorite books of all time.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of those either, but they sound interesting. Hopping by via the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be a weird admission, but I love female assassins in books, they are simply awesome! Also, the cover for 'Elixir' is absolutely beautiful and I love the quote! Hop on over to My Friday Post if you have the time!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same. I just love books that have Female assassins. I think its the whole kick-butt factor that I love. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read these yet but are on my TBR list. All 3 sound like great picks!!

    New follower via GFC.
    Check out my F&F

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following :) and all three are really great books.

      Delete
  5. Now that is exciting and something I would love to know too.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these but I'm hoping to read Throne of Glass soon.

    new follower
    thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will not be dissapointed. it is such a good book. :)

      Delete
  7. Omg I loved Celaena from the Throne of Glass series! She's definitely badass and she knows it too. xD

    New GFC follower. :)

    Here's my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, from a new follower! :)

    I haven't read these books yet: I guess I need to add them to my TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it sad that I haven't read any of those books? I've heard great things about them though. I've wanted to read Throne of Glass for a while as well as Maria V. Snyder's series. I'm glad that you like them enough to want to be one of the characters! I'm an old follower. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm getting Throne of Glass next week, and Snyder's books are all in my TBR list! <3

    Thanks for dropping by my F&F Friday and following! I followed back :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete