Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (31)


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters (originally done May 2011)


I tried my best to not include love interests, which was a little hard to do. So, I only came up with 8 secondary characters that are really memorable to me.



1. Kanin in Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Kanin is such an amazing character!! There wasn't much said about his past and the pain he himself most be feeling. But I admire how he keeps a smile on his face, but is professional when he needs to be. I just love him!! 

2. Belan from Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
I love Belan so much!! I love how he is Poppa bear in the group and his whole personality is the best!!

3. Minnie from Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Minnie is one of the most memorable not because she was a great friend, but because she is such a freaking selfish brat. I don't understand how someone can be friends with her. I wanted to slap her so many times through out this book.

4. Janco & Ari from the Study series by Maria V. Snyder
The power twins!!!! They're just freaking awesome!! And I just love their relationship, usually in most books you see two girl best friends not two guy best friends. 



5. Emma from the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent
Emma is a great character and such a great friend!! If I could have a best friend from a book it would be Emma. She is understanding and stands by her friends even when it's dangerous. She is just amazing!!

6. Grimalkin from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
You can't read the Iron Fey series without being curious about this cat. He is their guide for the whole series and you just have to wonder about him, his past, his life, his family and if he has any. He is just an interesting character.

7. River from the Immortal Beloved series by Cate Teirnan 
River is someone you have to marvel at. Shes probably been through hell and back, many times, and yet she's still a great understanding person. 

8. Princess Nehemia from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Princess Nehemia isn't shown much in this book, but I can tell she's going to be a big part of the rest of the books. 


That's my list, whats yours?
Happy reading








11 comments:

  1. Love Belan - he's great. Can't wait to for more of her work.
    Also like Princess Nehemia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to read the Shatter Me series. I 100% agree about Minnie from Ten. I HATED her...like with a passion! And agree about Grim from The Iron Fey!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    Old Follower
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Grimalkin, Janco, and Ari! I've only read the first Shatter Me book so I don't remember much about Kanin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I feel a bit embarrassed...I don't even remember Kanin! I'll have to reread :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. The only book I've read out of this entire list is the Shatter Me series. I don't remember Kanin either? Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @
    I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, Minnie. I hated her so much that I had to write about how much I disliked her in my review of Ten. :P
    Thanks goodness that thing happened to her. ;D
    Lovely list Kimberly & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really can't wait for the next books in the Study series to come out!!! I just can't wait to read Valek's POV!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to slap Minnie so many times in that book. Which says a lot since I don't usually think that, even with most of the characters I hate. Minnie just the exception.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kanin is only in the last few chapters in Shatter Me, so not many people remember him. I know I didn't when I started reading Unravel Me. But when you read Unravel Me you will understand why I like him so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry about not remembering him, he's only in the last 50 pages or so. Maybe even less than that. He was the one to bring them to Omega Point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not many people remember him, since he's only in the very very end of Shatter Me.

    ReplyDelete