Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (29)


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

 Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels (they were complete stories but you just could have read more and more about these characters or set in that world) -- thanks Courtney for this suggestion!

I don't read many stand alones, I don't if it's because there isn't that many, or if I just tend to stray toward Series. And some of the stand-alones I have read are getting sequels so they're no longer stand-alones. And because of that I only have 5 this week.




Losing Francesca by J. A. Huss
This book was just so great and I fell in love with the characters so hard I wish we got to see in more detail what their life was like. We got that epilogue, but I just want more.

The Assassin's Curse series by Cassandra Rose Clarke
I'm cheating a bit since this is a series, but I felt like the author could have made this into three books instead of two. The second one just felt a little rushed and I wish she took her time in the second one. Although I'm not giving up hope, because she did leave a few things open to make a third book.

Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jennifer L. Armentrout did say someday she might write a sequal for this one. And I really hope she does, because I just want more in this world with these characters.

Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
This was a great book and the plot was great, but I really wish the author would write a second book for it!! I loved the world and concept in this book and I was she continued with it.

The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks
This is out of nothing but my desire to read more about Will and Ronnie. I loved this characters and I know the ending was just about perfect, but I just want to see more of their lives.


That's my top ten Five, whats yours?
Happy reading








10 comments:

  1. I've never read any of these before, except for The Last Song I think, but that was a very LONG time ago. o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't these, but I love Jennifer L. Armentrout so I will be checking out Cursed. The Assassin's Curse also intrigues me. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these either, but I want to read Cursed and JA Huss is writing some amazing stuff at the moment. And The Assassin's Curse does look interesting!


    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never read any of these, but heard of most xD And you are right, there actually aren't that many stand-alones anymore. Most start off as stand-alones then end up being duologies or trilogies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually read the acknowledgements in The Pirate's Wish, and she said that originally it was supposed to be only one book, not two, but it was just too long. I just finished it, and I enjoyed it, but yeah, I can definitely see your point. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Last Song! You need to re-read it!! I think it's such a great contemporary and you know how rare it is for me to like a contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love JLA! But keep in mind while reading Cursed that it isn't her best book. I loved it, but I didn't feel like it was up to par with her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. J. A. Huss is a storm lately. Her books keep getting better and better!!!


    As a whole I really enjoyed the Assassin's Curse series, but the first book didn't really impress me all that much. But if you do read it I hope you love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah, that sucks. I love stand-alones, because it;s always a quick easy read and it's less complicated than a series.


    And I don't know whether they don't stay stand-alones long because of the author feeling like the book needs a sequel or if it's the publisher pushing the author to write a sequel. A little of both I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I need to read the acknowledgements. Not that I doubt your word or anything, but I almost never read the acknowledgements in books and I hate feeling like I missed something in that book :(.

    ReplyDelete