Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bout Of Books Update: Day 3


Wednesday:
Pages Read: 211
Books Finished: Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 4
Challenges completedTBR List Challenge @ Musings of a Bookship Girl and Book Spine Poetry @ Such a Novel Idea
Overall Pages Finished: 716
Overall Books Finished: 3
Overall Challenges Completed: 4

I know that Fullmetal Alchemist wasn't on my TBR, but I remembered yesterday that I checked it out from the library and it was due soon. So, I thought why not read it before I need to bring it back.
And last night I started the Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I'm only 50 pages in, but it's really good so far.

Today's challenges are:
Book Road Trip @ In Wonderland
I Spy... @ Paperback Dreamer

For the book road trip you come up with a list with 5-10 states/places you always wanted to visit. And than you find a book (doesn't matter if you read it) that takes place there, or an author that lives there.
This was hard for me, because I don't remember where a book is set.
My List:

1. England:
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. New York:
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerld
3. North Carolina:
The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks
4. Paris, France:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
5. San Francisco, California:
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
6. Maine:
Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
7. New Orleans, Louisiana:
Out of The Easy by Ruta Sepetys.
8. Ireland:
Gold by Talia Vance


For the I spy challenge you are suppose to find the items below on the covers of your books. So, if it says fire you are suppose to find a book you own with fire on the cover. There are some more rules so go to the Paperback Dreamer to see all the rules.
The Items and my answers.


Snowflakes: Dead to You by Lisa McMann
Flames: Demon Glass by Rachel Hawkins
A city Skyline: The Ward by Jordana Frankel
The Moon: Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks


A Sword: Soulbound by Heather Brewer
A Wedding Dress: Eternal Vows by Chrissy Peebles
High Heels: None
Fog: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
A Christmas Tree: None
Sunglasses: Heist Society by Ally Carter


Lighting: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
A Tattoo: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Combat Boots: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Hand Cuffs: None
A Road: Soulless

There is a lot of stuff to find, and the tricky part is you can only choose the covers from what you own. But it was still really fun to do! And if you can't see the item on the cover, just click on the image and it will enlarge.


That's how I'm doing, how are you doing?
Happy reading








1 comment:

  1. Ooh, the I Spy challenge was awesome! I really like the sunglasses in Heist Society. Also, enjoy The Immortal Rules :)

    ReplyDelete