Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, August 16, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (53)


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.

Last week I was doing so good at keeping my buying low with books and than this week decided to go ahead and ruin it. First I went to the library and got a few books and than I went to my local indie used book store and got sucked into all the wondrous books.



The Strange Case of  Dr. Jekyll and Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
When I saw this I just had to get it. How can you not get this book when you see it in a used book store? And it's in the edition that I've been collecting. 

Persuasion by Jane Austen
I'm in love with this edition for classics. And now I almost have the whole collection of the Jane Austen books. 

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles 
I loved this book so much and I'm so excited to own this!! And I have the second book, but until now I haven't owned a copy of this. 

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles 
I liked the first in this series so when I saw this at the used book store I just had to get it.

MistBorn by Brandon Sanderson
I've heard so many great things about this series. So, I finally just requested it from the library. I really hope this book lives up to the hype.

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
I liked her other book and when I saw this at the library I thought why not.

Invisibility by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan 
I've heard some good things about this so I just got it.


That's what I got this week, what did you get?
Happy reading








16 comments:

  1. Persuasion is my favorite novel of all-time! And I'm dying to start the Mistborn series; it's supposed to be amazing. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really curious about Invisibility. I enjoyed Andrea Cremer's Nightshade trilogy. Great haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves all of Brandon Sanderson books. I haven't read any, but from what I've heard it should live up to all the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Rules of Attraction! Not quite as much as the first one, but it's still great. A Northern Light is also awesome - Donnelly does beautiful historical fiction. Thanks for stopping by my StS earlier, Kimberly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books - except bits abd pieces of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I've wanted to read something by David Levithan forever just finished reading Every You, Every Me which was quite good - I think I'm going to be grabbing all the booksi can of his!

    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a great week,happy reading.new GFC follower

    hope you can visit my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Simone Elkles' Perfect Chemistry series, still need to read Leaving Paradise! I was disappointed with Invisibility, it wasn't terrible, but not amazing. Hopefully you'll like it! I believe I have a copy of A Northern Light on my shelf that I haven't read yet :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got an interesting assortment of books. I have the Sanderson one and Invisibility somewhere on my TBR mountain. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot! Mistborn! ♥ I'd never heard anything about the series when I read book 1, except for the one friend who recommended it but man did it ever blow me away! I'm very eager to see how you'll like that one :D Oh and Invisibility is one that I'm very curious about too! Hope you love all of these Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice bundle of books! You have to splurge occasionally!! It happens, you have been pretty good!!

    Here's My Weekly Wrap-Up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Invisibility sounds like such a good book. I haven't read anything by either Andrea Cremer or David Levithan. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great book haul! I loved Mistborn, hope you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That book does sound really great!
    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Rules of Attraction! I loved that book. :D
    As for Invisibility, I've seen tons of mixed things about that book.
    Enjoy all your lovely books Kimberly! (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not read any of these but I hope you enjoy them all. Happy Reading!

    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete