Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (55)


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.

It was a good week. I only bought three books this week, which is now my new buying ban theme. Than I went to the thrift store by me and got Rot and Ruin for only 2 dollars. And of course I had to go to the library and I think I got some good books there. 





Rot and Ruin by Johnathan Maberry
I've been on the fence on whether or not to buy it, because I don't really like zombie books. But when I saw it for just two dollars and in faily good condition (except someone wrote on the book, which you don't do!). So, I had to get it.

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
I've been searching for this since I read The Girl of Fire and Thorns and I couldn't eve find it, not in any format. And I was so glad when I finally found it!! And it was just released in paperback, so it matches my copy of TGFT.

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
I got it!!!!!! I can't wait to read it!!!!

The Way of The Shadows by Brent Weeks
If you noticed I've been getting this book a lot from the library. It's not because I keep rereading it over and over, but because I haven't been reading it. I keep getting it from the library and I put it somewhere and not pick it up until I have to bring it back. So, I keep checking it out in hopes that I will finally read it, because it looks like a really great book!

The Raven Queen by Jules Watson
I know nothing about this book besides that it looks good.

The Sin Eater's Confession by Isla J. Bick
Ditto to the Raven Queen.


That's what I got this week, what did you get?
Happy reading


20 comments:

  1. Old follower via bloglovin. Crown of Midnight was awesome. I really hope you like it. Crown of Embers was very awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. eep! you have crown of midnight! I recently traded someone for rot and ruin and cannot wait to read it! I have heard such good things about it. And Tiffany loved the Rae Carson books. <3 I am an old follower of your blog, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Throne of Glass but all of my friends who've read it LOVED the book... And I heard it gets even better in Crown of Midnight! Hope you'll enjoy reading all these lovelies, have a great week ahead :)

    New follower!

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im soooo jealous you got The Crown of Embers and Crown of Midnight. I kinda want to read Rot & Ruin and then I don't. LOL I am in a zombie mood though. :D I hope you enjoy all your books and thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer MesserschmidtAugust 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM

    I love zombie books and have been meaning to read Rot and Ruin forever.
    I've heard great things about the series by Rae Carson. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I enjoyed Crown of Midnight. I have Crown of Embers on my TBR mountain but no time to read from that stack. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot of good things about Rot and Ruin, but I haven't read it yet since I'm not the biggest fan of zombies either. I hope it's up your alley :)

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading Crown of Midnight at the moment, and it's just incredible. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it! Happy reading!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Crown of Midnight! -squeals with you-
    I hope you'll enjoy all your books Kimberly! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you LOVE Crown of Midnight! I certainly did!! And I have the Brent Weeks series in my cupboard.... still haven't read it, had it for a year! lol

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almost half way through Crown of Midnight and I'm getting annoyed at The MC. But other than that it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rot and Ruin just looks so good!!!!
    I love Rae Carson as an writer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to read Throne of Glass as soon as you can. It's an amazing book!!!
    Thanks for following :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's my whole problem with Rot and Ruin, I want to read it and than.....I don't. I have no idea why that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. See the thing is I don't often like Zombie books. Although I'm hoping Rot And Ruin is the exception from that, because I've heard so much praise for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crown of Embers is my next read and I can't wait!!!
    And i'm enjoying Crown of Midnight so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you :D. And I really hope I like.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's just an awesome book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's Just so good of a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! *Squeals again* I love it!!
    Thanks Kelly :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crown of Midnight it just so good!!!
    I think the problem with the Brent Weeks books is that they are just so intimating. Not much is said in the summary so I know I'm going to be confused for parts of it.

    ReplyDelete