Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (8)

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks question is

Top Ten Best Bookish Memories (waiting in line for a new release, meeting an author, or some sort of great experience with a particular book that was unlike others)

     This was a really hard question, because aside from going out and getting books from the library or the bookstore there isn't a specif memory of books. I have never been at a book signing, author's just don't go to my state for some reason. And I've never stood in line for a new release. So, this question was hard and I only came up with 5.

 
1. Reading my Laura Ingalls books.
I got a box set of the first five books for Christmas when I was 5. They where the first books I ever remember reading. I remember one time I wanted to read as fast as my mom, so I would count how many pages I read in a day. One night right before bed I was counting how many pages I read in the first Laura Ingalls books and it was 25 pages. I was so proud of myself. Now I could read 200 pages if I wanted.
 
 2. When I got my Nancy Drew books.
This was another Christmas present, I think I was 8 and I got a box with the first 10 Nancy Drew books in it. After that I tried to get the whole series. I didn't really accomplish that, but I came close.

3. Twilight.
The Twilight series was the books that got me into reading YA. I love them and they were the first books that I would set and read for hours straight. Before that I would just read a few chapters then go do something else.

4. The Magic Tree House series.
I remember going to the library and the had a whole shelf full of these books. I would set there looking at everyone and decide which one I want to check out.

5. Bethany Wiggins.
One of my very first followers was Bethany Wiggins author of one of my favorite books Shifting. I don't know how she found me, but when I saw that she subscribed to my blog I may or may not have squealed my head off.





That's my answer, what yours?
Happy reading







 






7 comments:

  1. I agree! Twilight definitely was the start of my YA obsession. Great memories!

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I totally should have put something about Nancy Drew. I read those all the TIME as a kid. Thanks for stopping by my list earlier! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twilight was for me the start of reading again after many years of not. Bookish memories are the best!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Magic Tree House series! Wow, that brings back a ton of memories. I still remember the first book - dinosaurs! I love how the books were so educational! ;D
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT Kimberly! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Twilight. I still use all their bookmarks.

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with what you said about Twilight! i feel the same way, I always give credit to Twilight as the books that got me reading! great list! thanks for checking mine out too! - katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books. Twilight got me into YA too ;)

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete