Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: Glitch Heather Anastasiu


Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: Glitch (Glitch #1)
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Source: My bookshelf
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Released: August 7th 2012
Pages: Paperback, 308 pages

Goodreads summary
 
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.
*************
 

My Thoughts


     So, I got this book a while ago and I started, but I stopped for a reason which I will tell you later. I started reading it from the begining for the TBR pile reading challange and I am really glad I picked this book back up, because it is really great!

     The plot in this book was great. Heather Anastasiu really knows how to make a plot catch the reader's attention and never let it go, because that is what happened to me. The first page grabbed my attention and kept it throughout the whole book. It also seemed that the farther you went in the book the more action there was.

     Heather Anastasiu was also really great at the world building in this book. She was really great at expressing that the world was drab with no color, but at the same time making it vivid. You could see the world in your mind's eye. I really loved the world in this book! I never read a book where it was set mainly underground and it was really great!

     So, the reason I stopped reading this in the first place was because in the first 10 chapters there is such a serious case of insta-love for no reason at all. I am fine with insta-love when I can feel the connection of the relationship, but I couldn't feel it in this book. So, that's why I stopped reading this book. However, after the first 9 chapters the insta-love is forgotten. If you read the book you will know what I mean. However, sadly even after that I still couldn't connect with the relationship between Adrien and Zoe.

     The characters in this book were, sadly, nothing that stood out. That is one of the things that I really look for in a book, because I want to read about characters that really stand out to me. And I realize that it is hard for authors to do that, but it is still what I really look for. Anyway, like I was saying the characters just didn't stand out to me.

     Another thing is in most dystopian, the main character starts out clueless and then throughout the whole book she realizes that her whole life is a lie. There are some exceptions to that (Juliette from Shatter Me) and this book started out so well Zoe relized that everything was a lie and she started standing up for her self and everyone else. Then That happened and she went back to being a clueless girl and for the majority of the book she stayed like that. It annoyed me so much, only in the last chapters did she start to stand up again.

     All in all, this is a really good book that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time and had really great writing. And I would recommend this book to every dystopian lover out there.

This book got....


4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a really good book.
Recommend if you like: Dystopians, fast paced plot, and a great world



Thats my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading











No comments:

Post a Comment