Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Discussion Time: Book Logic



     I realized this when I was in the bookstore a while ago, shopping for books (duh) that I hate book logic. What I mean by book logic is the logic in which you buy books. It used to be that I went to a book store and I would be surround by books and my mind would be swirling around with all of the possibilities books to read. The last time I went into a book store it wasn't like that.

     So, the last time I went into a book store was the first time since the new year and the first time since my reading challenges started. When I went in my mind didn't automatically swirl around with possibilities of books that I could read. No, it went right to "Do I have time to read this" or "I can't get much, because I still have to read that book for the reading challenge before the end of January" and I hated it. No matter how hard I tried I could not be happy to be surrounded by books and I couldn't find the peaceful feeling that I always get when I go to book stores. My mind just kept going around those two sentences. While, being logical when buying books might help you make good financial decisions,  it completely took out the joy of going to a book store and buying books.

So, what are your thoughts, do you have book logic? Do you want book logic?

Come back tomorrow for a review.
Happy reading

4 comments:

  1. That is precisely why I don't join many, if any, reading challenges except for the Goodreads one. This year I also joined the TBR pile challenge, but I was planning on doing that anyway. I like being unencumbered when I decide to pick a book to read. I go by my mood, and that changes much too often for me to make a commitment like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just like that, I read by my mood and if I;m not in the mood for a certain book, then I will never finish it. I am learning a little to late that being a mood reader doesn't go well with reading challenges.

      Delete
  2. I WISH I have book logic. Every time I go to the bookstore, I focus on buying books I want and actually buying them, then coming out of it realizing oh no, I spent a lot more than I actually had originally planned to! ):
    By the way Kimberly, I nominated you for the Liebster Award here! (:

    ReplyDelete