Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, February 15, 2013

Discussion time: POV.


 
    One of my favorite things an author can do is write their book in multiple POV's, I like this, because you get to see the story from different perspectives. And because of that I feel like the story and the characters have more depth to them. I just love it when the story has depth to it, its not just a straight line.

    I know some people don't like it when a book has more then one POV. I don't know why this is. I really don't, maybe because so many authors do it bad, and its so easy to be written bad. That's is because when you write multiple POV each voice had to distinguished so we don't get confused on who's POV it is, and some authors have trouble with that.

    While I like the depth that comes with multiple POV, it also comes with distance. Every time I read a book that has more then one POV I can never really seem to connect much with the characters. Connecting with a character is something that a book has to have for me to love it. I don't know why this is, maybe because most books that have multi POV its written in third person.

    So, do you like it when a book has multiple POV, or do dislike it?



Happy reading :).




 




No comments:

Post a Comment