Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday 56 (20) & Follow Friday (19)

 


Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to Freda's Voice in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple
 

This is on page 56 on my nook.
 
 The animation catches my attention again. It starts at the top of the empty space. When it gets a quarter of the way down, glowing blue text appears beneath the drag of the moths wings.
 
 
 





Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.



Rules:


  • Leave your name on the post.
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!
Q: What is the first thing you would do if you woke up to find yourself in your favorite book?

      My favorite book has to be Poison Study by Marai V. Snyder. If I woke up there, depending on which country I ended up in, I would either. A, go find Yelena and befriend her. Learn how to use my awesome powers, say hi to the Yelena's brother, befriend the power twins and live a happy eventful (since I befriend Yelena) life.
      Or B, talk to Comander Ambrose about somethings that he needs work on to make his country better. Hopefully befriend and become Valek's prodigy (if not find someone else to teach me how to be an awesome spy). Befriend Yelena and the power twins. And live a happy even more eventful life (Because I befriend both Yelena and Valek.)
Either way it would be awesome!

That's my answer, whats yours?
Happy reading.










31 comments:

  1. Haven't read that one, but it sounds like a plan to me! :D Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Old follower here. Have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! Mine is to find the book boyfriend as fast as possible and make him fall in love with me, LOL. :)

    Our FF: http://readbreatheread.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-21.html

    New GFC follower!

    -Alyana @ Read, Breathe, Read (YA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the book boyfriend was kind of part of my plan. Since Velak is the book boyfriend, but I wouldn't make hime fall in love with me, because him and Yelena are my favorite book couple.
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  3. Havent heard of this one but trying out your powers makes it sound awesome already.

    Old follower here! :))

    My FF: http://www.isolemnlyswear.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-friday-lost-in-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Befriending the main characters of the book definitely sounds like a good idea! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from the F&FF hop. Poison Study sounds interesting and the things you'd like to do once you wake up in the book sound awesome! I hope you're enjoying reading Splintered. :D

    New follower here! :)

    Here's my Feature & Follow Friday

    Happy Friday and happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy Splintered, I just posted my review. It had its down sides, but overall it was good.
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday!

    New follower
    Raina @ The LUV'NV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful book, You need to read it as soon as you can, because you will not be dissopointed. Happy friday :)
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  7. So cool, Poison Study has been on my to read list for a while! I am a new follower!

    Here is my F&F
    http://countinginbookcases.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it as soon as you can, because it will blow you away.
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  8. anything with powers would be a great book to wake up in ! NEW GFC FOLLOWER ! Our F & F ~ Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the poison study series :D

    New Follower via GFC.

    - Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, someone else likes the book!! Thanks for folowing :)

      Delete
  10. The cover of SPLINTERED is so gorgeous that it makes me want to see what's inside.
    Today I'm featuring LOVE AND SLEEPLESS NIGHTS in my Friday56.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read great reviews for Splintered. Hope you're enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Poison Study but I love your answer.
    I finished Splintered this week and really liked it.

    old follower.
    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read that one. Thanks for sharing!
    New follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I woke up in Poison Study (one of my favorite books as well!) I would of course insert myself as Yelena's character and go get some sweet sweet luvin from Valek! Yeah I think I have my priorities straight :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't started on that yet :(

    New GFC follower

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I'm a huge fan of her Scent of Magic (I think it was called?) series! I haven't been able to pick up her other books yet, but I'll have to get to them really soon!

    Thanks for stopping by! Old follower. :)
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. A book about spies..interesting. I'll check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea there are a lot of characters I would love to befriend(:

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh good answers! Poison Study has been on my reading list for WAY too long! I really hope to get my hands on it soon :D Thanks for sharing & for stopping by earlier ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I am following your blog, would you mind following me back at the links below?

    I am also contacting you to see if you'd like to review my first novel when it's released in spring/summer 2013! It will be published through the Whitson Group and is a YA paranormal/fiction with a dash of romance. Please let me know if you are interested based on the description below. Thank you!

    http://geminirising1.blogspot.com
    Jessica O'Gorek (GeminiRising1) on Twitter

    Mother Earth, wounded by the human race and its disregard for her resources, will recruit human souls to serve Her and turn against humanity. A rising force festers; Gemini, a clan of paranormal beings will systematically possess and destroy towns, cities, and states. Amidst the chaos, a forbidden relationship between Onyx, a lead Gemini, and Violette, a human, begins. They will both find themselves in the middle of a revolutionary war that will either save, or destroy our world.

    ReplyDelete