Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Liebster Blog Award!!

     I was nominated by Kelly at ohdamnbooks. Go check out her blog, it's awesome. Then after she nominated me I got nominated again by Jackie from No Bent Spines. Thank you Kelly and Jackie so much!!
     I could only come up with 9 nominees, because that was the amount of people I follow that have under 200 followers. I also have a feeling that some of them may be over 200 followers now, but when I picked them out 3 days ago they didn't so I am still counting them.

The Rules of the Liebster Award:
 
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter and link back to the blog who presented the award to you.
 
2. Answer the eleven questions from the nominator, list eleven random facts, and create eleven questions for your nominees.
 
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to eleven blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
 
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
 
Eleven random facts about me.
 
1. I very often just set by my bookshelf and rearrange it for no reason. I just like holding my books.
2. My brother is talking as I write this post.
3. I love the Lizzie Bennett Dairies on YouTube. It is awesome and I love it so much!!
4. I am now obsessed with the singer called Caro Emerald. She has such awesome songs.
5. I have a Saint Bernard call Tina and she is the sweetest dog I have every seen.
6. I love chocolate. Chocolate cake, chocolate cookies, anything with chocolate in it I love.
7. I also have to wait a day after a finish reading a book to start a new one. I don't know why this is, but it just annoys me so much when I start a book right after I finished another book.
8. I am so glad that I joined Goodreads, because I would have forgotten half the books that are on there,
9. I love hiking though forest. I just love being surrounded by trees and green (Its in the middle of winter so I am missing summer time).
10. I love birds, I love it when they sing and I love how they look. Their just so beautiful.
11. I also really love sitting by the fire place and reading a book.
 
 
 
The Eleven Questions from Kelly.
 
1. A free book or free movies for a week?
A free book.

2. Do you take notes while you read? 
Yea and no. When I finish a book I start a post for the review and list out the pros and cons for that book. So, if I can't write the review that day I can read that list and remember all my thoughts about the book.

3. What standalone book and book series do you think everybody should read?
I think everybody should read the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, because it is an awesome series. The standalone would have to be Splintered by A G. Howard. Right now its a standalone and its great.

4. Why did you start blogging?
Mainly because I wanted someone to talk to about books. No one in my family reads YA so there is no one to talk to.

5. How fast do you read? (How many books a day?)
If I have nothing else to do that day and I really like the book, I can read a 350 page book in one day.

6. What makes you hate a book character? If you have the power to kill off any book character, who would it be?
If you are talking about a villain, I hate them if they are really evil and don't care who they hurt. If you talking about just a character in general then it has to be if their selfish and small minded. the character I would kill would be all the Dukes in Sweet Evil.


7. What is your favorite book genre and why?
High Fanesy, because I love all the worlds you get to read.

8. What is your favorite quote from a book?
I don't have one, because I don't really focus on quotes.

9. Who is your #1 book boyfriend?
#1 book boyfriend, oh this is hard........ Daemon form Obsidian or Kia from Sweet Evil..or maybe.
.
10. What are one of your weird book hobbies? (Example: smelling the book before you read, reading only when you're sitting down, etc.)
I am a page bender. When I am reading I just do it without realizing it most of the time.

11. If I hand you $100, what books will you buy with that much money?
I would buy some sequels that haven't been released in paperback yet. Like Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, Scarlet by Merissa Meyer, and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver.

The questions from Jackie

1. If you could live in any book, what would it be?
I would want to live in the world of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. Its just one of the coolest world I have ever read.

2. Top 5 cheap book stores (paper or ebook)
I can't answer this, because the nearest bookstore is Barnes & Noble and that is about 30 miles away from my house. So, I have looked for other stores, but there is no other stores.

3. Idea of a perfect date and with which of your book boyfriends?
What I think would be so sweet would be if he surprised me one day and told me he was taking me on a date. And He wouldn't tell me where he was taking me and we end up in a book store. Wouldn't that be sweet??

4. What kind of person would you be in a book? (hero, best friend, shy, know it all)
I would be the best friend to the hero, just because I wouldn't be the hero.

5. Dream job?
Having my own bookstore.

6. Book your really looking forward to that isn't published yet?
Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins, Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Throne of Glass 2 by Sarah J. Maas.

7. How many books have you checked out of the library at one time?
I one time checked out 15 books in one haul, but they weren't all YA I was doing a research project and my teacher wanted me to have more books for the source.

8. Top 3 Authors and what books put them in your top 3?
Wendy Higgins, Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Tahereh Mafi,
Sweet Evil, Obsidian, and Shatter Me.

9. Paper or plastic?
I don't really know what you mean by plastic, so I will say paper.

10. Paper or Ereader?
Both.

11. #1 Book Boyfriend and why? Give us a quote!
I can't answer this question. I have so many book boyfriends that I can't even narrow it down to two.

 
 
Eleven Questions for my nominies.
1. who is your favorite author?
2. If you could live in any book for a week, what book would you live in?
3. How do you feel about E-Books, do you like them or not?
4. Where is your favorite place to read?
5. If you could make your dream reading nook what would it look like?
6. If you could design a bookshelf what would it look like?
7. Who is your favorite book couple?
8. What characteristics does a book need to make you love it?
9. What thing does authors/publishers do in a book that really annoys you?
10. A friend is just starting to read YA books, what three books would you recommend her/him to read?
11. What book do you think deserved the hype and what book do you think didn't.
 
 
My Nominees:
 
 
 
 
That's it for today, come back tomorrow for a review.
Happy reading
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments: