Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

2012 end of year survey

This is hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner and this is her Third Annual End of Year SurveyThis is my first year doing this and I'm so excited to do this it lookd so fun.




1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
This is such a hard question, how can I just pick one?? How? So, I'm going to break it up in categories.

Angels: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (Review),
this was such an awesome book and I just really love it!

Destopion: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (Review),
I really love this book! It feels like the author just painted the words on to the pages in this book.
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (Review), THIS. BOOK. WAS. AMAZING!

Paranormal: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout,
Its like her books get better and better the more you go in her series and this book was just pure gold. This may change if I read Opal before next year, which I am not sure if I will.

Greek Mythology: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout,
I don't care if this is another Armentrout book, her books are too awesome not to have at least two of her books on your fav list for this year.

Love Story:  Significance by Shelly Crane,
 this is a wonderful story that I will love forever, it's one of the best love story that I have read! It's fantastic.!
 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I have two books for this question. The first is The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Review) , Some one recommended this book to me saying that it was an amazing book and I got it expecting this amazing book, but in the end it just wasn't my kind of book.
The other book was Unspoken  by Sarah Rees Brennan. I have heard nothing but praise for this book, but I didn't even make it half way. I think it was the writing style or something, but I was always confused when I was reading it.


 
  3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen (Review). When I started reading this I didn't think I would like it, but I ended up loveing it!!!.
Shifting by Bethany Wiggins (Review). This book was just amazing!! All I'm going to say.
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (Review). When I started reading this I knew almost nothing about it and I don't like going into a book without reading a review or hearing something about it, but I ended up loving this book so much!!!



 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
.Every time some one ask me what they should read I always say Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Review). It is such an amazing start to an amazing series!!!



 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
This is such a hard question, because there are so many great series I stared this year, but I would have to say (Can you guys guess?) The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and the Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins. Both of these series are amazing and both by amazing authors. If you haven't read either of these series then you need to do so now.



6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
I just answered this on my Top Ten Tuesday but to some it up Jennifer L. Armentrout, Wendy Higgins, Julia Kagawa, Veronica Roth, and Kresley Cole.



7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Going to Far by Jennifer Echoles. I don't usually read contemporaries, but this book blow me away! It was wonderful and just plain amazing!



 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Divergent by Veronica Roth (Review) I stayed up way to late on a school night to finish this book, it had so much happening in it and I just needed to know what would happen. The other book was Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (Reveiw) and again I got insomnia while reading this book.  



 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The book I can say for certain would have to be Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I have read this book about 6 times and I will most likely never get tried of re-reading this book, It is that good. The other books that I will most likely re-read is Obsidian & Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I will most likely read these books before the next in the series comes out.

 
 
 10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
 That would have to be Pegasus by Robin McKinley.
I love this cover so much!!!!
 
 
 

















 
 
 
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
There are a few characters that I love. The first is Juliette in Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (Review), she is such a strong character and she never gives up and I really admire her for that. The other one is Celaena from Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas (Review). She is another fiercely strong character that refuses to be beaten.
 
 
 
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (Review), I loved the writing style, it had so much emotion in it that I almost started sobbing throughout the whole book.
 
 
 
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
I can't really answer this because I haven't read a book that left a huge lasting impact on myself. Maybe that because I don't often read contemps and I feel like that genre usually has an impact on its readers.

 
 
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (Review). I have heard awesome things about this book and a lot of people kept telling me to read this book and I never got to it. So, finally I bought it and I loved it!! I keep betting myself up that I didn't read this book sooner.

 
 
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
This is one from Shatter Me.

"I always wonder about raindrops.
I wonder about how they're always falling down, tripping over their own feet, breaking their legs and forgetting their parachutes as they tumble right out of the sky toward an uncertain end. It's like someone is emptying their pockets over the earth and doesn't seem to care where the contents fall, doesn't seem to care that the raindrops burst when they hit the ground, that they shatter when they fall to the floor, that people curse the day the drops dare to tap on their doors.
I am a raindrop"

I feel like that sums up how broken Juliet feels in the beginning.

 
 
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
The Longest would have to be Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer with 629 pages.
And the shortest would have to be The Dark Fea by Terry Spear (Review) with 186 pages.

 
 
 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The ending of Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I stared at those last few pages for about 5 minutes before it sank in that that really happened. Why would you do that to us Jennifer, to your fans, WHY?
 
 
 
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
My fav relationship would have to be either Daemon and Katy's from Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout or Scarlet and Rob's from Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen (Review). I just really loved those relationships.

 
 
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
That would have to be Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Review). I read Half-Blood at the end of last year and so I decided to get Obsidian and it was as good, if not better then Half-Blood.

 
 
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGary (Review), I have a Friend who read this book and loved it and she kept pestering me to read it. So, I finally caved and read it and I am glad I did because it is as good as the hype says it is.


 
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012 (optional)
 
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
This is a hard question, because I started blogging and reading blogs this year. So, all of the blogs I know I discovered in 2012, so there is a lot to choose from, but I favorite has to be Fiktshun. Every post she puts up is interesting and fun to read and she is awesome at reviewing books.
 
 
 
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
This one is easy, because its not often that I put up a reviews that I look at and say that this one says what I wanted to say and it's easy to remember those reviews. I'm not saying that my reviews are bad, but the saying "you are your worst critique" defiantly applies to me.
 
 
 
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I only did one discussion on my blog so far and that one was about love triangles (Post) I  really want to start doing more discussions on my blog, because they are really fun to write.
 
 
 
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
I actually haven't read many discussions so I can't really answer this question.
 
 
 
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I live in a state where authors just don't like to visit and publishers just don't like to have a festival. So, the answer is no, I haven't been to any author signings or any book festivals sadly, :(
 
 
 
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
When I was contacted by an author and asked if I was interested in getting a review copy of her book. I was so excited, because it was my first review copy of a book and I was so excited that she picked me and my Little ol blog to offer the review copy to.
 
 
 
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
The most popular post veiw wise would have to be one of my first Follow Friday.
The most popular post comment wise woulld have to be an earler Follow Friday
 
 
 
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish more people commented on my reviews. I don't have just on review, all of the would be nice. I just would have liked to know what a persons thinks of the book I just reviewed.
 
 
 
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I discovered Goodreads this year and its such a good site. I love all of the discussionc and the ability to know how far you are in a book and also how many books you read that year. If you don't know what Goodreads is then go to the website, because it is an awesome books site.
 
 
 
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Again I started this blof in the end of May and I didn't really know reading challenges exsisted so I didn't do any of them this year. However, I am coming close to the 100 books I wanted to read for this year.
 
 
 
Looking Ahead…
 
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Since 2012 isn't over I can't say for sure what books I didn't get to on my TBR list, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to read Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston and I've had the book for about two years and I really want to read it.
 
 
 
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
There are so many books that are coming out, but the ones I can't wait for are Apollyon, Origin, Obsession, and Don't Look Back all by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
 
 
 
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I really want to just keep blogging daily and write more reviews, because I feel like I haven't been writing that many reviews.
 
 
 
 
 
 I hope you do this it was really fun
Happy reading.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. I love surveys and I especially love reading other people's surveys :)
    I just got obsidian in the mail from my secret santa and I am so STOKED to read it! And I totally agree with you regarding Shatter Me, and I LOVE that quote you have above there. I'm hoping to get Throne of Glass and Sweet Evil for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete