Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#1)

This meme is hosted by  The Broke and the Bookish
 
 
This weeks question is..
 
Top Ten New To Me Authors I Read in 2012
 
    While trying to answer this question I learned that must of my fav authors are one's that I found in 2010 or 2011 0_o.
    One thing that made this question hard, is I have a hard time remembering when I read a book. For example, if I read a book three months ago I would be thinking "Okay, did I read it in June or August?" It also doesn't help that I started my Goodreads account in the middle of the year, so it only has the books I read in the later part of the year.
 
 
The top ten new authors I love, in no order.
 
Lauren Oliver.
    I LOVED, LOVED Delirium. It was such a good book that I read in under two days. I have yet to read the sequels to Delirium or her other book, but I still love her writing.
 
Veronica Roth
   Divergent is one of my all time favorite books of the year. This book defines the word awesome. That is all I'm going to say.
 
Wendy Higgins.
    I LOVE Sweet Evil. It has this dark haunted feel in it and I love dark books. I also love how interactive Wendy Higgins is with her fans. She is always either doing a giveaway, or spotlighting a book that she loved. When authors are interactive with their fans, I have so much more respect for them.
 
Bethany Wiggins.
     I love Shifting and I'm sad because I don't own a copy :(. I love the writing style in this book. It felt different, more enchanting then other books.
 
Kresley Cole.
    I am absolutely head over heels for Poison Princess. It had such a different concept and it was so unique. I have yet to read her Adult books, but I can't wait till I can.
 
Julia Kagawa.
    I love the Iron Fey series so much (I feel like I'm saying this a lot) I just love the world that Julia Kagawa has made in this series. It's just so enchanting and dangerous. It's just awesome.
 
Jennifer L. Armentrout.
    Okay, this might be cheating, because I don't remember if I read Half-Blood  in December of last year, or if I read it this January. However, I really love every book that she has come out with. She has this addictive writing style that lore's you in, until you can't not love her books. She is also another author that is really interactive with her fans. She's always posting teasers and giveaways or something.
 
Sarah J. Maas
    I love, love, love Throne of Glass. Here's a fact about me, basically any book that has assassins in it I will most likely love. I just love books that have kick butt assassins in it.
 
Jennifer Echols
    I don't often read contemporary, I just don't like them, but this author made me warm up to contemporary. I'm still a bit wary about contempt's, but I don't hate them anymore. All her books are just wonderfully written and have wonderful stories. Her books are just awesome.
 
Edger Allen Poe.
    I red the Tell Tale Heart a while ago and I feel in love with his haunting writing style. He was an awesome writer.
 
 
 
 
Those are my fav. What are yours?
Happy reading
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I agree on Veronica Roth and JLA! They're amazing. Definitely have to check out some of your other picks!
    -Beth

    YA Vixens Top Ten Tues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I can see that we have a lot of names similar! I also met Oliver, Roth, Kagawa & Maas this year. I hope that we can add a lot of other great names to our favorite authors lists next year :) Thanks for stopping by my post!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I couldn't add some of these because I started them in 2011, but I wish I could have. I'm in love with Sweet Evil, too :)

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giving away a signed copy of Shifting on my blog today. All you have to do is leave a comment. :) www.suzettesaxton.blogspot.com

    --Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I've had a copy of Delirium for well over a year now and still haven't read it...guess I better get on that! I'm hoping to get a couple books by some of these authors for Christmas. YAY for Julie Kagawa!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poe has been one of my favorite writers since I was in sixth grade; I'm so glad to see him on your list! You definitely need to check out Pandemonium; I enjoyed it even more than Delirium. Before I Fall was also excellent. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you're able to discover an older author- it's a combination of jackpot and "where have I been?" Stop by my blog for my list (and a giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices :)
    Thank you for stopping by my post.

    Marissa @ For The Love Of Film And Novels

    ReplyDelete