Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, July 22, 2013

Wrap-Up: The BookTube-A-Thon.


The Booktube-A-Thon is done and I did as I expected. I barely read anything, because of work and such. However, I did managed to read a little more than I thought I would. Which is great!! Anyway, before I go on I'll re-cap what I hoped to read + the challenges.

CHALLENGES;

1. read an average of 300 pages a day (I don't think I will manage this one.)

2. read a book with over 500 pages

3. re-read one book

4. finish a series/trilogy

5. read a book that's been on your shelf forever
6. listen to an audiobook (I won't be doing this one)
7. read a classic

    What to read:



    For number 2 & 3 is Grave Mercy since it's over 500 pages and will be a re-read.

    For number 4 is With All My Soul. I'm glad I will finally read this one, I've been putting this one off and off, because I don't want the series to end.

    For Number 5 is Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict. I picked this one, because A) it's been on my shelf for about 1 year now. And also because it's also under 300 pages so I'm hopping I can read this one relatively fast. 

    For number 7 is The Scarlet Pimpernel. This is another Re-read, but I want to read it again and also it's one of the shortest Classic. So, again I'm hopping I will read through it fast.

    And finally if I have time I want to read Dark Triumph. 


    With all that hope in me I started off very bad. While, kind of. The first day was pretty good, but the two days after that I barely got any reading done. The first day I read 122 pages in Grave Mercy (which is the only book I finished). On Tuesday & Wednesday I read 75 & 53 pages. On Thursday I did better, I read 190 Pages. Friday I read 109 Pages and finished Grave Mercy. On Saturday I started on Lola & The Boy Next Door and read 171 Pages. I know Lola Wasn't on my TBR, but I couldn't resit. And finally on Sunday I read 150 pages. 

    Overall Pages: 880
    Overall Books Finished: Grave Mercy (And Partway through Lola)
    Challenges Finished: 2 & 3 (which is re-read a book and read a book with 500+ pages)


    So, that's how I fared in the Booktube-A-Thon. If you did it, how did you do?
    Happy reading








    No comments:

    Post a Comment