Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (25)



This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations (you could pick best or worst OR split it in half) -- originally done in the form of best movie adaptations in Feb 2011

This was kind of hard for me since I know I've watched a lot of movie adaptations, but I just don't know that their based on books. So, I could only think of 8 and the first five are ones I liked and the last 3 I hated. 

1. Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen
This was a great movie!! I love the book and the movie!

2. The Hunger Games
I was a little wary about the cast at first, but when I saw the movie I was proven wrong. They where great! This whole movie was great!

3. The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks
Both the movie and the book was outstanding. This is such an emotional movie/book, this was just great! 

4. Beautiful Creatures
This might not count, since I only got half-way through the book, but since the movie actaully caught y attention unlike the book I liked the movie so much better.

5. The Harry Potter movies.
These where great!! They not only did the books justice, but they also somehow captured the magical tone that all the books have. And the actors where great and outstanding! 

6. The Whole Twilight Saga.
I love these books, they are the books that really got me into reading YA. And I just love them! However, I hated, hated the movies. They just ruined the books. They didn't capture the characters  the plot, or anything. The only one I liked was the last one, that one was pretty good. But I still went and watched them all in the theaters, because not only did my Mom want to watch them, I just loved the books not to go. 

7. The Last Song
As a movie this was good, but as a movie adaptation it wasn't good. I didn't think it canvaded the emotions that the book had.

8. Ella Enchanted
I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand I loved it, it was fun and great!! On another hand I didn't like it. I was fine with the adjustments like the guy in stuck in the book, but I didn't like how they put in all that modern stuff. 


That' my list, What's your?
Happy reading

4 comments:

  1. I've seen most of these movies, but haven't read the books. I've read and seen Twilight, Harry Potter, the Hunger games and The Last song :) Great list!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica MangicaroJuly 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

    I completely agree with you on Twilight movies. I haven't read Ella Enchanted, but I loved the movie for what it was. And The Last Song was ok, but I can't really remember the movie-book comparisons. Otherwise, HG and Notebook made my best list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagined a better version of The Hunger Games in my mind. :P
    The wolves were more nasty, there was more blood, and Rue was doing cartwheels while climbing from tree to tree. ;D
    And yes yes yes to Ella Enchanted for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you on the Hunger Games film, I was worried about the cast at first too but in the end it really impressed me :D I also agree with you on both Harry Potter & Twilight hehe I haven't read the Notebook (yet) but I did love the movie a whole lot! GREAT list!!

    ReplyDelete