Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Booktube-A-Thon




I know I said I wasn't going to do a post about this, but I thought why not. 

The Booktube-A-Thon is just a read-a-thon that Ralean from Padfootandprongs07 and Ariel from ArielBisset on You Tube created. It runs from July 15th to July 21st. And you just read as much as you can in that week. There are also 7 challenges that you can do to make it a little more difficult. I will be doing only 6 of these challenges. If you want more info you can watch the video HERE

I will be updating this post with my progress and I will do a post on Sunday to wrap-up and show you what I managed to read. Which I don't think will be that much, because of work and such. Anyway, on to the challenges and the books I will be reading for them.

CHALLENGES;


1. read an average of 300 pages a day (I don't think I will manage this one.)

2. read a book with over 500 pages

3. re-read one book
4. finish a series/trilogy
5. read a book that's been on your shelf forever
6. listen to an audiobook (I won't be doing this one)
7. read a classic




So, Grave Mercy will knock of challenges 2 & 3 since it's over 500 pages and will be a re-read.

For number 4 is With All My Soul. I'm glad I will finally read this one, I've been putting this one off and off, because I don't want the series to end.

For Number 5 is Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict. I picked this one, because A) it's been on my shelf for about 1 year now. And also because it's also under 300 pages so I'm hopping I can read this one relatively fast. 

For number 7 is The Scarlet Pimpernel. This is another Re-read, but I want to read it again and also it's one of the shortest Classic. So, again I'm hopping I will read through it fast.

And finally if I have time I want to read Dark Triumph. 


Monday:
Pages Read: 122
Books Finished: None.
Overall Pages: 122
Overall Books: None

Tuesday:
Pages Read: 75
Books Finished: None
Overall Pages: 197
Overall Books: None

Wednesday:
Pages Read: 53
Books Finished: None.
Overall Pages: 250
Overall Books: None

Thursday:
Pages Read: 190
Books Finished: None
Overall Pages: 440
Overall Books: None

Friday:
Pages Read: 109
Books Finished: Grave Mercy
Overall Pages: 559
Overall Books: Grave Mercy

Saturday:
Pages read: 171
Books Finished: None
Overall Pages: 730
Overall Books: Grave Mercy.

Sunday:
Pages read: 150
Books Finished: None
Overall Pages: 880
Overall Books; Grave Mercy



That' it, Happy reading










No comments:

Post a Comment