Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (27)


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book (opposite of April 30 topic!)

This was one of the topics where at first I thought I had nothing for it, but than over time I got more and more ideas for it. 

Vampires

I am so sick and tired of Vampires. It will take a while before I ever have a craving to read a vampire book. I will only read a vampire book if people swear up and down that it's great, even then I will be very hesitant

Religion
First off, I don't care if you have a religion. I have my own beliefs and I don't care if you have beliefs and if they're different than mine. However, I hate reading a book where the main plot is based on religion. I don't know why, I just hate it. It's why I'm nervous to read Burned by Ellen Hopkins. I think it's because sometimes authors can't help but have their opinions bleed into their writing. And I don't like reading a book where the author goes on and on about His/Her beliefs. Again, I don't care what you believe in, but I don't want to read a 300+ page book about those beliefs.  

Midlife Crisis
The Next three are because of the same thing, the huge age difference in me and the MC. I am in High School and the people who have midlife crisis are in their (you guessed it) Midlife. Which means I can't connect with the MCs in books like these. 

divorce 
I will read books about the kids perspective in Divorce (If there is a kid), But again I can't relate to most stories about two people Divorcing  So, I don't often read books about divorce with the POV with one of those two people. 

People over 40 Finding love
This is just like the Midlife Crisis. I just can't relate to the MC characters in these books. I don't have any problems with people over 40 finding love, I mean go for it.  I just don't like reading books about it.

Autobiography
I just can't read these. I've tried, but never even gotten to half way. 

Nonfiction.
I will only read certain topics in nonfiction, things that I am interested in. However, as a genre I can't read it. It's like with autobiographies, I just can't get into them. 


That's my Top Ten  Six , what's yours?
Happy reading







14 comments:

  1. High five Kimberly! I really don't like reading books with religion in it. i tried, but I just can't.
    Autobiographies and non-fiction books isn't really my thing either.
    Awesome list Kimberly & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yeah I wouldn't be able to relate to a main character over 40 either... I agree on all the other ones too, except for vampires... I'm not tired of them yet :P. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan@ YA? Why Not?July 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM

    I struggle with nonfiction as well. I also avoid books about religion. As for vampires...I go back and forth. I got sick of them and took a long break, but now I am thinking about going back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. vampires are on my list too. i read 1 non-fiction to every 100 fiction novels and i only pick up the 1 because it's required for school.

    my TTT.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here. And even when it's for school I can barely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That happen to me to, a while ago I was on this huge kick for them after a long break for them. Now I'm back on that break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky for you :D. I hate it when I get sick of topics, because I know they're is same awesome books in that topic. But I just can't read them
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I was sure people would give me hate for not liking religion books. Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't :D.
    Thanks :D & Your welcome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Autobiography? Nonfiction? No way Jose! Not for me, LOL. People over 40 finding love? Yeah, not for me either. I just can't relate. Maybe someday when I'm over 40 I will, but for now I like my YA/NA stuff. :D


    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had religion on my list as well and for the same reasons. I am also someone who has no interest in nonfiction. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to read Burned, I really did...but it SO grossly misrepresented the religion. I couldn't finish. I generally stay away from religious books for that very reason. Totally with you on autobiographies. I kind of find them pretentious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I completely agree with you on religion-based books, non-fiction & autobiographies/biographies, I never read any of those! A lot of the religion-based fiction comes off to preachy and it bugs me. Non-fiction I pretty much avoid like the plague and same goes for realistic-fiction really hehe I don't read any of those midlife crisis books or divorce books either o.O Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice top 6!! I don't mind the occasional Vampire book ;) but the reast, I totally agree with!! Have a great weekend!!


    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Autobiographies, vampire...agreed! Love your list :) Thanks for stopping by mine (I know, it was a while ago...I've been swamped!)

    ReplyDelete