Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Stacking the Shelves, B-Day!! (32)

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.
 
 
It was my birthday Thursday!! I had a nice day and I got some pretty good books thanks to my mom, dad, and brother (thanks guys :D). A book I won from a giveaway also arrived Friday and I can't wait to read it!
 
 
Mom and Dad.
 
 


I got...
 
Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen.
I read this last year from the library and loved it. It was on my top ten best books of 2012! I was so excited when I opened it, because I didn't know it come out in paperback. I just love this book so much!!!

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
I have wanted this book for a while now and I think I am not even going to try and read it until school is done for the year, because its huge.
 
Once; Before Midnight, Golden, Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey.
I know this author writes in the Once Open a Time series and I think this is a bind up with three of her books from that series. And I also can't wait to read them, because I love retellings and this author is really great at them.
 
The Louvre; All the Paintings by Erich Lessing & Vincent Pomerede.
This thing is a monster, I think it ways more then my dog. Anyway, I love art history and I hope to go to Paris and the Louvre next year or so and I just am really excited about this book.
 
 
Brother
 
 
I got..
 
Fullmetal Alchemist y Hiromu Arakawa.
This is the bind up version with the first three volumes in it.  I don't think I have ever said this, but I am really into Mango, and I have watched the Anamia for this series and love it!! I am just really excited to read this, because its great. However, it was printed wrong in a few pages and the last quarter of the page is missing. You can see the text box's were cut of on the bottom of the page. But thank goodness that it was only printed wrong for about five pages, because I would have been so mad if the whole book was like that.
 
 
Won
 

I got..
 
Everbound by Brodi Ashton.
I won this from Kelly at Ohdamnbooks from her 300 followers giveaway, go check her blog out, it is really awesome. And can't wait to read it, I think I might be my next read.
 
 
 
 
Thats all I got this week, what did you get?
Happy reading.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Yay, the book arrived that fast? I was expecting you to get it either Monday or Tuesday. Have fun enjoying Jack and more Cole! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing and that is why I was so suprised when I saw it in the mail. I can't wait to read my Cole!!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the Fullmetal Alchemist series - I still need to finish it! Scarlet, Once, and The Louvre all look really good. And I really should read my copy of Les Miserables soon.

    Happy reading! :)
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlet is awesome!!! I love the Fullmetal Alchemist series, I love it to bits!!
      Happy reading

      Delete
  3. Ooh Les Mis. I loved the ply and the movie was shockingly great, I'd wait to read it too, some many pages!

    I'm glad to know you're happy with you gifts!

    Btw, I'm a major manga and anime fan too. I have about 100 of those glorious graphic novels laying around my room. I even go to a convention every year... it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own an abridged version of Les Miserables and have wanted to buy the complete version for a long time. I'd love to get the edition with the movie tie-in cover. Great haul!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Louvre is awesome! Hope you get to see it. I've also wanted to read Scarlet since it came out. Hope you enjoy all your books. Happy Birthday! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I just bought Scarlet on Amazon, it was a daily deal! Happy Reading :)

    Thanks for stopping by my STS

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. My memory is bad and I vaguely recall wishing you a happy early birthday the week before...but in case I didn't: happy belated birthday Kimberly!! >.< Congrats on all the bday loot! Full Metal Alchemist AND Scarlet are both high up on my reading list! Loving seeing Les Mis there :) Enjoy ALL of these!!

    ReplyDelete