Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mini Review: Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 3 by Hiromu Arakawa




Volume 3

Goodreads Summary

Accompanied by their bodyguard, Alex Louis Armstrong, our heroes seek out their closest childhood friend, mechanic Winry Rockbell, to fix their battered "auto-mail" bodyparts. Soon their quest for the Philosopher's Stone takes them to the great central library, where the Stone's formula may be hidden...if the mysterious figure named Lust doesn't get there first! But the secret of the Philosopher's Stone may be even more frightening than the beings who guard it..








So, the last volume ended on a slight cliffhanger and this one doesn't really acknowledge it until the middle of it. Which is fine with me, because in the beginning it introduces some more characters. the new characters are from the Elric brother's past, so we also get a better look on there past and how they got to where they are today.

The plot in this book is really good. In the beginning not much is happening, but I was okay with that,  because like I said it tells you some information on their past. In about half way though, when they get to central is when the plot really picks up and some questions are answered, but that only leads to more questions. The volumes ends on a huge cliffhanger that makes me want to read the next one.

The illustrations in this are really good in my opinion, there not really detailed, but that's usually a given with Manga. I just really like the manga style illustrations.

This was another really great installment in a series that I have fallen in love with and I can't wait to read more in the series.

This got...


4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book. 



That was my mini review, I hope you read this series if you are looking for a good manga.
Happy reading.










2 comments:

  1. This just confirms it, I'm picking it up very soon!

    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defiantly read it as soon as you can, because its great :D (If you couldn't tell from my review)

      Thanks :D

      Delete