Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday 56 (23) & Feature Friday (22)





Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to Freda's Voice in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple
 
This is page 56 on my nook.
 
I sat up frowning, Someone was banging on a door-my door. What the hell? Throwing off the covers, I swung my legs off the bed. My toe caught on the sheet and I nearly ate carpet.

 
 
 
 

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.
Rules:
  • Leave your name on the post
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.Be sure to folat you low them and if someone follows you follow back!
Q: Confess your blogger sins! Is there anything as a newbie blogger that you've done, that as you gained more experience you were like -- oops?

      So, this is really emmparising, but when I started blogging I thought the term "for review" meant books that you got that week, that were books that you intendied to read and review. Not books that you got from publishers or authors that give you a free copy for a review. So, if you go way back to my first book hauls you'll see that I said for review with all the books I got from the library.


Thats my answer, whats your?
happy reading.










14 comments:

  1. LOL. Kind of a funny one, but no worries. I doubt anyone even noticed. :D If that's the extent of your mistakes, you did way good. :D Thanks for visiting my blog Kimberly. Old follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I have totally been there... carpet eating and all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I thought so, too! I didn't realize at first that it meant something else!

    New follower :)
    Tiffany @ A_TiffyFit's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I've done some embarrassing things too! We live and learn!

    New GFC Follower!

    My FF

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great to "see" you!
    Beth @ Free Spirit Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool meme - I haven't seen the Friday 56 before, but I like it. New follower here through the blog hop.

    I can't wait to read Wait for You - JLA is the best!! :D

    The Fiction Conniption's FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, and Wait For You is one of her bests.
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  7. Hahaha! I used to think the same and although we don't do the meme, my fellow blogger Janhvi explained that review books are specifically "review" books! ;)

    Old follower!

    Thanks for stopping by my F&FF earlier.

    Happy reading and have a great weekend! :)

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I started I didn't know what ARC meant, or any of the jargon, but I found lots of people willing to help and point me in the right direction luckily!!
    New follower via GFC
    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy mistake to make since you are after all "reviewing" the book :)

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's an understandable mistake! I think it counts anyway - because I see people putting up library books all the time for Stacking the Shelves and In My Mailbox.

    And I didn't even know what an ARC was until I had to send some out for my first book. That was a revelation to me.

    Old follow - thanks for stopping by my FF!

    Julie~ at New Adult Addiction and Clean Teen Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is definitely understandable, cos you did review them!! Part of the learning!! lol!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that sounds like something I would do!! You were going to be reviewing them after all! Ah the fun of learning lol

    Thanks for sharing & stopping by earlier ♥
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete