Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (41)

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten  Nine Books That Will Make You Cry (originally done November 2010)

There isn't a lot of books that made me cry, but I will do my best to come up with ten.



Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
There is a death in this book that will make you bawl like a baby. I just didn't want this character to die and it was such a tragic death. 

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
I cried like a baby at the end of this book. She was making such a sacrifice in my mind and she didn't deserve to give it up. So, cue the tears.

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
The last "test" in this book really made my eyes fill up with tears. I don't even know why, it just really made me sad and I just couldn't help but cry because of it. If you've read this I think you'd understand, but it felt just so tragic and Ash didn't deserve to have a life like that. 

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
This book has a plot line that towards the end of the book just makes you cry and cry and cry. It is just so unfair and when reading it you could feel Ronnie's regret and it feels like your regret. It is such a sad book.



Darklight by Lesley Livingston 
The ending of this one was just so sad and sad that I couldn't help but cry for the characters and what they were losing. 

To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
If you've read this classic you know why it's on this list. What happens in this book is just so unfair and nothing even comes to having "justice" done. It just really plucks at your heartstrings. 

Delirium by Lauren Oliver 
This ending will make you cry, even if your where spoiled on what happened and what will happen it will still make you cry.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
So many deaths, so many. This book will just make you cry, namely because of the characters that die, so many deaths.



The whole Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
You know why this is on the list.



That's my top ten list, what books made you cry?
Happy reading





6 comments:

  1. I love To Kill a Mockingbird, while it has never made me cry I always get very emotional when I read it. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reviews from a BookwormFebruary 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM

    Great picks! I was going to put HG, but thought it would be on a lot of lists. It's hard not to sob at all of those books. Nice choices & thanks for checking out my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about The Iron Knight! You are so right about the last test. It just broke my heart! And, of course, you have to mention the Hunger Games! Just so emotional. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan @ Unearthly ReviewsFebruary 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM

    The Iron Queen was such a good book! I've never read The Last Song but the move was so sad! I'm going to start Girl of Fire and Thorns within the week. Great choices! Here's my TTT: http://unearthlyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-will-make-me.html Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great top 10 girl! I haven't read them all, but I can agree with the Iron Fey books!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I haven't read most of these, but definitely agree with The Last Song!

    ReplyDelete