Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top ten Tuesday (23)

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013

*Sees topic, goes to new tab and goes to Goodreads. Sees I've read 52 books this year and has no idea how to narrow it down.*

This was a hard question!! Like I said I've read 52 books so far this year and it's hard to decide! So, to help narrow it down a little I will not include re-reads. Which helped, a little. Click the link by the names to go to my review on it.




Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (Review)
I loved this book. I love how it was a love story with the relationship developing throughout the whole book. It was so great!!

Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (Review
This was such a great fantasy!! It was amazing! That's all I can say. 

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy (Review
This is the classic that made me love classics. It was amazing and outstanding! 

Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Review)
This shouldn't be a surprise, I love JLA's book and this one was amazing! 

Losing Francesca by J. A. Huss.
I got this as a review copy and loved, loved, loved it!! It was outstanding and fantastic. My review will be up July 17th


Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (Review)
This is one of the rare contemporaries that I fell in love with. It was so sweet and sad and heartbreaking. It was amazing! 

Insomnia by J. R. Johansson (Review)
This was such a dark and haunting book! I just loved it! I never really read anything like it before and now I want to read ore dark books.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Review)
This one didn't blow me away liked I thought it would, but it was still really fun to read and it was a great book!

Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Review)
This wasn't my fav book in this series, but it was still a fantstic book!

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Review)
I also had mixed feelings about this one, but it still had this tone to it that made me love it. It was great!


That's my list, what's yours?
Happy reading








22 comments:

  1. I read Girl of Fire and Thorns, it was really good, but didnt quite make my list. I havent read anything else on your list, I'd better get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes YES to My Life Next Door! Too bad I read that in 2012. I love everything about it from the characters to its humor.
    Great list Kimberly & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Scarlet Pimpernel too, such a great read!

    Yay for The Girl of Fire and Thorns - I ran out of room and put it on my honourable mentions list today, but it really is wonderful fantasy, and very well-written. I read Under the Never Sky a couple of weeks ago and am feeling a bit mixed about it: it's solid post-apocalyptic fantasy and yet, and yet... I have to write my review and hopefully then I'll understand what I think of it!

    I loved Leaving Paradise, and the sequel; Elkeles always delivers the goods! Lots of interesting books on your list for me to look into more.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELOVE Under the Never Sky! The sequel is even BETTER!! I also thought My Life Next Door was great. I still need to reading Leaving Paradise, I love Simone's Perfect Chemistry series. ALSO I have Incarnate on my kindle..maybe I should move that one up on my to-read list. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca Lost in ThoughtJune 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

    I have Under the Never Sky and Incarnate sitting prettily on my shelves and I still haven't read them! I should really get round to them both as they look great! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought

    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/top-ten-books-of-2013-so-far.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see Under The Never Sky here! I adored that book last year. The Girl Of Fire and Thorns was also pretty interesting, I need to continue on with that series. Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! You just added some books to my TBR list. lol. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought The Girl of Fire and Thorns after you commented on my STS a couple days ago recommending it... I am so excited to start it!


    Under the Never Sky and Losing Francesca were both awesome! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to check out both Incarnate and Girl of Fire and Thorns :) Great list and thanks for stopping by!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved Under the Never Sky as well! Girl of Fire and Thorns is on my kindle. I really need to get to it. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! You have a fabulous list! Loved Wait for You, Apollyon, Under the Never Sky, and Insomnia. I have Losing Francesca but I haven't read it yet. Can't wait now that I see it on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dying to get my hands on Apollyon, even though I've only read up to Pure >.< I own Deity & Elixir though so should be soon (-ish) lol Under the Never Sky, Incarnate & Girl of Fire & Thorns are all on the TBR shelf as well :D Awesome list Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Under the Never Sky. I have Wait for You to read and I'm hoping to get to it soon. And a few others are on my wishlist :) Great list Kimberly, hope you are feeling better again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Insomnia looks scary. Gotta get my hands on that book. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have so much love for My Life Next Door! So happy to see this on here! Great list!

    thanks for stopping by
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  16. You welcome :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, yes you do, because that book is all kinds of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Read Losing Francesca as soon as you can. It was amazing! I am not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deity is my favorite in the series so far. However, Apollyon is still really good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is very creepy in some parts. Very creepy.
    Your welcome

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is such a great book! and thank you :D

    ReplyDelete