Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (22)



This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Top Ten Favorite Book Covers Of Books I've Read

Top Ten Beach Reads (however YOU define a beach read!)


A beach read for me is something light that you can get lost into while your at the beach. And sometimes it's something actiony and serious that I can get lost to while at the beach. So, anything that I can really lose myself in is a beach read to me. There are some books that really scream beach read, even before you read it, like Heist Society and Love at First Sight. So, this was relatively easy to pick. 



Heist Society by Ally Carter.
This was such a fun and fast read, perfect for any beach.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
I loved how sweet this book was!! It just makes you all warm inside when reading it.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith.
This was another fast and light read that was really fun.

Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston.
While this was a little disappointing read, it was still really fun and light. Such a great book for reading at the beach.

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu.
This was very exciting read with loads of action in it and I think it would be perfect for a beach read. 


Evernight by Claudia Gray.

This whole series is really fun to read, if I want a fun and fast book I will go to this series.


Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep.
Basically ditto to the Evernight series.

The Iron King by Julia Kagawa.
I love the world in this series, its so vivid and amazing. And it's a fun and fast, perfect for a beach read.

The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones.
I love this plot!! I love books about faeries and this is one of the best fearie book!! And it's great for a beach.

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder.
This is plot is full of action and fight scenes and it's a perfect book to get lost into.


That's my top ten, what's yours?
Happy reading









41 comments:

  1. looks like some good reads, thanks for sharing. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read ANY of those! Cannot believe it! My to-read list just got longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list is here; http://wndrlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heist Society made my list, too! And I really need to read Anna and the French Kiss. Great list!
    My TTT
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley @ Backstage Book LoverJune 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM

    I need to try out the Iron King; I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your definition of a beach read, I agree. AATFK is one I can't wait to read this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer AKA YA Book NerdJune 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM

    Great list - adore many of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always looking for a good faerie book! Gonna have to check out The Faerie Path! Loved the Iron Fey series! And I need to start Heist Society soon!


    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great beach reads! I loved Glitch!!

    K @ My Favorite Escape

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the SPoLaFS, the Iron King, and Touch of Frost :) I have Poison Study and really want to check out Glitch! Great list Kimberly :)

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier! I still haven't read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. Need to get on that!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna and the French Kiss and Poison Study! Why didn't I think of those two for my list?
    Great list Kimberly and thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kimberly @ Turning The PagesJune 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM

    Poison Study was an amazing read! I really have to pick up that series again soon.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top 10 Tuesday Post this week :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd re-read Anna and the French Kiss anywhere. It's so good!! Thanks for stopping by my TTT :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Poison Study, The Iron series rocks!! The first book in the Evernight series was my fav! Oh, so many good choices!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great TTT! I need to start Evernight!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Evernight looks really good! I almost bought it the other day, but went with something else instead. I guess I'll get a copy from the library. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Welcome :D. The Evernight series isn't the best, I mean it won't blow you away, but like I said up there it's perfect for a fast summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a really fun read, perfect for summer time :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poison Study is amazing!!! I love, love, love it. And agreed the Iron Fey series rocks!
    I think the last one or the second to last one is my fav book in the Evernight series. But I can't be sure, I haven't read the rest of the series in a long time. I just remember that I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is!!! I loved it, it's one of the sweetest books I have ever read :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Poison Study, I can re-read it over and over again. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know, I guess we both forgot some books when making our lists.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a great fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Read Poison Study now, okay. Put down what you are reading and read that one, because it's amazing!
    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was a really good book :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, please do check out the Faerie Path, it's great series, but not enough people read it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. There just great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a great book!! All the hype about it is completely right!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's not the best book in the world, but it is defiantly a great summer read :D.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know, it's the same for me. I read that series from the library and I want to buy the books, but the stores never have them.
    Anna & the French Kiss is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, please do. That series is great and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Heist Society is a great read! Glad it made your list :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes, you need to. The series keeps getting better with each book, but be warned the last two books will make you cry.

    ReplyDelete
  35. We most just have the same tastes in books, every TTT you have books I love and I have books you love.
    The Faerie Path is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Poison Study is and outstanding read!!! I loved it!
    I have been wanting to check that book out for a while now, Glad you liked it :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think I've read everything on your list except for Glitch - they're all books I'd take to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oooh thanks for the awesome recs - The Iron King and Poison Study especially are two HIGH priority reads for me! Hoping I can get some beach time soon so I can...dive in ;) Loved your list!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Iron King is a fantastic book! I haven't read any of the other books yet but they look awesome.

    Here's my TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-at-the-top-of-my-summer-tbr-list/

    ReplyDelete