My other Holiday giveaway is still going on. Click HERE to go and have a chance at winning a paperback copy of the Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.
2013 was a good reading year for me. I read a total of 91 books and a lot of them were amazing!! I did a Top Ten Tuesday on my favorite 2013 reads, you can see it HERE. I also made a post about my favorite sequels of the year, you can see it HERE. So yeah, it's been a great year reading wise even though the past three months I've read about only 4 books in each month. But I'm hopping school will wind down a bit so I can start off 2014 with a bang reading wise. I also signed up for some 2014 reading challenges, you can see them HERE.
- Spellbound by Cat Tiernan
- The Calling by Cate Tiernan
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling
- Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee| 5 Butterflies
- Neverfall by Brodi Ashton| 4 Butterflies
- Switched by Amanda Hocking| 3 Butterflies
- Guinevere's Gamble by Nancy McKenzie| 4.5 Butterflies
- The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson| 3 Butterflies
- Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer| 5 Butterflies
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacy Jay| 4.5 Butterflies
- Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout|4.5 Butterflies
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole| 4 Butterflies
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas| 4.5 Butterflies
- Black Butler volume 1 by Yana Toboso| Good
- Black Butler Volume 2 by Yana Toboso| Great
- Black Butler Volume 3 by Yana Toboso|Great
- The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski| 3 Butterflies
- Black Butler Volume 4 by Yana Toboso| Great!
- Black Butler Volume 5 by Yana Toboso| Good
- Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent| 4 Butterflies
- Guinevere's Gamble by Nancy McKenzie| 5 Butterflies
- Dark triumph by Robin LeFevers: 4.5 Butterflies
- Indelible by Dawn Metcalf: 3 Butterflies
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi: 4.5 Butterflies
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: 3 Butterflies
- Before Midnight by Cameron Dokey: 2 Butterflies
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil: 4 Butterflies
- Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 4 by Hiromu Arakawa: Great
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa: 4.5 Butterflies
- Golden by Cameron Dokey: 3 Butterflies
- Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep: 4.5 Butterflies.
- The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse: 4 Butterflies
- (Re-Read) Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder: 4.5 Butterflies.
- (Re-Read) DemonGlass by Rachel Hawkins: 5 Butterflies
- (Re-Read) Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers: 4.5 Butterflies
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: 4 Butterflies
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry: 4.5 Butterflies
- Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins| 4 Butterflies
- Of Triton by Anna Banks| 4 Butterflies
- Losing Francesca by J. A. Huss| 4.5 Butterflies
- Immortal City by Scott Speer| 4 Butterflies
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover| 4 Butterflies
- The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke| 4.5 Butterflies
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: 4 Butterflies
- Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins: 4.5 Butterflies
- Inhale Exhale by Sarah M. Ross: 3 Butterflies
- Evernight by Claudia Gray: 4 Butterflies
- Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston: 3 Butterlies
- Insomnia by J. R. Johansson: 4.5 Butterflies
- The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shaprard: 3 Butterflies
- Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep: 3 Butterflies
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman: 4.5 Butterflies.
- Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Lost Queen by Frewin Jones
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
- Tragic by J. A. Huss
- Wait for You by J. Lynn ( A.K.A Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- Re-Read Scarlet A. C. Gaughen
- the Third Son by Elise Marion
- Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 1 by Hiromu Arakawa
- Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 2 by Hiromu Arakawa
- Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 3 by Hiromu Arakawa
- Fledge by J. A. Huss
- Everbound by Brodi Ashton
- Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey|
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer|
- The Goddess Inheritance
- Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
- Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles
- Clutch by J. A. Huss
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway
- The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
- First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky
- (Re-read) Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
- Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
- Foretold by Jana Oliver
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- Splintered by A. G. Howard
Personally 2013 has been a really mixed year. There has been a lot of ups and some downs. I spent a lot of time in the summer with my family camping, which was great. However, when we went to our longest camping trip, which was also our one and only vacation for the year, it wouldn't stop raining. It rained about 3 days straight before we had enough and left. And keep in mind we were in a really old pop-up camper, which leaks. One day my bother woke up completely soaked with rain.
I also participated in Nanowrimo and won, yay!!! It was my first time doing Nanowrimo and I am so glad I did. It was so freaking fun!!
I also got my first summer job and it was really great. it was an agricultural job so it was a lot of hard work, but it was still really great. However, I think I got fired. Let me explain. It isn't a constant year round job, they only need work in certain months. So when we finished the summer work they said they would call me back in for the fall work and they never did. So I think I may have gotten fired, I don't really know. But it was fun while it lasted.
I also, in early June, I learned that I had Lyme disease, which sucked. Before we knew what it was I literally had the week in hell. I had a headache for a week straight, along with a whole mess of other crap. When we finally knew what the hell it was (my mom who is a nurse suspected it was Lyme disease from the start) I got a shot for it and they where going to just send me home with pills to take, but then they took a heart scan thing (I don't know the technical term for it) and they figured out it was affecting my heart. Yay.....
So I had to be hospitalized for three days. So yeah, that wasn't fun.
So, it was a really mixed year, but I can't complain. It was a memorable year and I made a lot of great memories with my family while camping and it was really fun doing Nanowrimo. So, in my book it was a good year.
Blogging wise it was a good year. I was doing well in the beginning of the year, but then fell flat on my head in November, where I only posted two posts. This year I want to just continue along with blogging. I won't tell you all of my blogging resolutions for the year, because I'm doing a Top Ten Tuesday post about it. But to sum it up, I want to comment more and post more original content.
Which is why I'm going to be doing more Mini Reviews for Manga and Comics. I will always do them on Sundays and I think I'm going to call Mine/Manga review Sunday. I don't know yet.
I also want to do more Predictions and Hopes. I really like doing them, but I don't know whether or not I want to make it into a Meme. I guess I would need to know if people would do them to or not.
And finally I want to do some series reviews. I will probably do them on Fridays and I don't know if I'm going to name it or not. But I just want to review some series.
That was how my year went, how did 2013 go for you?
wow !! thats a lot, great picks too!! Cinder and TEN are great, and I love the shatter me and Covenant series! - KatieReplyDelete