Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (39)


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I Read In 2013 (overall or you can pick a specific genre if overall is too hard)

My other Holiday giveaway is still going on. Click HERE to go and have a chance at winning a paperback copy of the Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. 

This was so hard. I've read a lot of great books this year and I can't just pick 10!!! Which is why I picked 13, I'm cheating a little bit but I just can't pick 10 okay. I also only listed books I read for the first time this year, so no re-reads. I did this just to kind of help myself choose, because I re-read a lot of amazing books this year. And the books are in no particular order. 


Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
This  was an amazing re-telling!!! It just blew me away!

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I love this series so of course I went into this with high expectations, but this went above and beyond them! It was so freaking amazing!!!

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
This is probably the best second book I have ever read. It was just an amazing continuation of the series and it kept me on the edge of my set throughout the whole thing! I love it!!!

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
I kept putting this off, because I was just so sick of vampires and then I finally read it and holy crap it was amazing!! It is everything people say it is. It blew me away!!!

Dark Triumph by Robin LeFevers
This was such a dark, haunting, and amazing read!! I can't wait until Mortal Heart comes out!!



Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Even though I didn't like this as much as I did Shatter Me it was still so freaking amazing!! I loved it and I can't wait until the last one comes out!

Insomnia by J. R. Johansson
I went into this not knowing what to expect from it, but it was outstanding!! It is such a scary and thrilling read. This author knows how to write suspense and freaking terrifying scenes. 

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Again, I went into this book not expecting much, but it was amazing!! I loved every second of reading it!!

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
This book isn't for everyone, since it is kind of slow, but I loved it!! I was blown away by the world and the writing style, it was all amazing!!!

Splintered by A. G. Howard
I loved this book!!! The world was just so vivid and amazing!! I loved how the author wrote it!


Everbound by Brodi Ashton
I didn't really like the first one, Everneath, but this one was amazing!!! And the ending left me speechless.

Wait For You by J. Lynn
I thought this was a really, really great New Adult. It had such a great plot line and the characters were so amazing to read! 

Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Even though I still liked Pushing the Limits better, this was still a really great read! I had so fun reading it and I flew through it. I read it in about a day and a half.




That's my top 10 13 books I read this year, what was yours?
Happy 2014 reading






6 comments:

  1. I need to read so many of these! I did really enjoy Of Beast and Beauty. I plan to read Throne of Glass in 2014! So I can see what everyone keeps raving about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reviews from a BookwormJanuary 1, 2014 at 4:11 PM

    Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list - My Life Next Door made my list too. I really want to read Of Beast & Beauty, it looks really great. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved My Life Next Door, if you can't tell, and I can't wait for the companion novel comes out. It looks so amazing!!!


    Read Of Beast and Beauty as soon as you can. It was amazing!!!
    Happy New Year and happy 2014 reading :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throne of Glass was really great!! if you read it and don't really love it continue with the series, because the second one is even better then the first.


    Happy 2014 reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reviews from a BookwormJanuary 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM

    I know! I am so excited to read it, I have the ARC for What I Thought Was True and I am really excited to read it... but I will admit that I'd rather have The Boy Most Likely To, can't wait! 2015 can't come soon enough :)


    I will definitely get to Of Beast & Beauty as soon as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, really awesome picks here! A bit fat YES to Crown of Midnight, that was seriously one of my favorite books EVER!! Most of the others you mentioned here are on my TBR for 2014: the His Fair Assassin books, the Lux series, Splintered, The Immortal Rules, Incarnate AND Unravel Me! Whew, I have a lot of reading to do but seeing them on your list means I have some awesome reading ahead :D Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete