Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, October 18, 2013

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent.


Grade: Butterflies
Series: Unbound #1
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Mira
Pages: Paperback, 436

Goodreads summary

Bound by blood, condemned by fate

As a bloodtracker, Liv is extremely powerful. And in a world where power is a commodity that can get you killed, Liv's learnt to survive by her own rules.

Rule number one? Trust no one.

But when a friend's daughter goes missing, Liv is bound by a potent magical oath. She can't rest until the child is safe.
And that means trusting her dangerous ex, Cam.

A sinister prophecy tells that she and Cam will be the death of each other, yet Liv's tired of being a slave to destiny. She's ready to play the forces controlling her world at their own game.

No matter what the cost.




I love Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. It is one of my favorite series of all time! And I wanted to read more of her books. So, I got a copy of this one from the library and started it right away and holy crap this book was good! Rachel Vincent did it again, of course it didn't really get to the level that is Soul Screamers, but this book was not a disappointment. The plot was freaking fantastic, it was fast paced and it was enjoyable to read. Although the characters weren't amazing, but besides that this book was great!!

This plot was really, really good! It grabs your attention and never lets it go. The pages just fly through your fingers at some points. However, there where some places that got a little slow, but even than it kept your attention. Also, it isn't until you get like half way in that you realize how intricate of a plot this is. It's like there are so many of these threads throughout the whole book, some are the main threads and other are sides threads and some others are threads that you never think matter. But every single one of them connects, they all go back to one another. If that made any sense to anyone.

I also really liked the world that it's set in. I really liked reading the powers people had and the whole social statues that was the world. I also really liked how the author wrote this, because she gave us enough info at the best pace possible. You are never info-dumped when she was explaining the world or the powers or the political situation. And whenever you start getting confused on the world and whatever in it (besides the main mystery in the plot) it would get explained. Excluding the beginning, I was almost never confused with the world at all.

The next thing is something I never encountered in a book before. So, I said that I didn't get info-dumped because of the world building, which is true. However, I still got info-dumped, but it was a plot info-dump.  Wait what, you say. I'll explain, there where times in the plot where they would solve a question and because of that they are able to solve another and because of that they where able to solve another, ect.. It was like a chain reaction and you would get so info-dumped at these times that I had to re-read a few pages just to keep it all straight in my head. I don't think this is the author's fault, I just think that's how the plot developed, but it still hindered my reading experience.

A thing that I had mix feelings about where the characters. I loved Liv! She was just an amazing character to read. She was just really strong even though she was in this crappy situation and I admired that. However, even though I loved Liv I almost had no feelings for the rest of the characters. I liked Cam, but I didn't love him and those are my same exact thoughts for the other characters. Like every character but Liv weren't memorable.

One of my favorite parts of this book was the ending. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole ending scene and that cliffhanger just killed me! After finishing this one I was so excited and nervous to start the next one, but wait, what? The next book isn't off Liz and Cam's story? It's about Kori's?

What. The. Heck.

You don't leave a book with a cliffhanger and not continue the story in the next book! You don't do that!

Aside from the characters and the ending, I really enjoyed this book! It was fast paced, captivating, the plot was freaking fantastic, it was a really great book! I would recommend it to anyone who likes Rachel Vincent and fantasy.

This book got...

 4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a really good book.


Happy reading








No comments:

Post a Comment