Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, August 4, 2014

Predictions and Hopes: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout




So, I came up with this segment and it is where I'll be spotlighting a couple books and telling you my hopes and predictions for it. The only thing is that the book can't be already released and has to be a next installment in a series. Also, tell my in the comments if you have or know another segment called Hopes and Predictions.

There will be many spoilers for the first four books in this series, so precede with cation. Also, please don't put any spoilers in the comments for Opposition if you were lucky enough to get a ARC copy. 

Releases August 5th 2014
Goodreads Summary

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.





I love this series and I am both sad to see it go and excited to see what happens. So, I have a lot of mixed emotions and feelings when it comes to this book and what's going to happen in it. My hopes and predictions are completely different from each other, so bare with me.


What I hope happens is that the humans beat back the Lux, but only the bad ones, and no mass killings happen again. I hope that some Lux will live, Daemon and his family, but also the good ones from the invasion that I think we'll see. I hope Daemon and Katy will be reunited along with Dawson and Bethany. I hope that no more characters that I love dies, ever. Alas, I no not all of these things will happen. But I really hope the no one dies thing will be true, hopefully.

Also I really, really hope Katy doesn't get pregnant. I am okay with Bethany being pregnant, but I think if Katy got pregnant then it will be just to much teenage pregnancy.


What I predict is going to happen is that the Lux leading this invasion are bad, but some of the ones just following orders aren't all evil. Like they're just doing what  they're told. I think this will bring in the theme of not everything is black and white in war. Why I think this is going to happen is that I can really see Jennifer L. Armentrout doing it. Also because it will add even more conflict and drama into the story.

I think that before this story is over at least one more important character will die. I really don't want this to happen, but I can see someone dying as a sacrificial death, like Ash did for Bethany. I also believe that a lot more human are going to die before this book ends.

Also, I strongly think that Katy and Archer will become fast best friends. I can just see them becoming really close friends because they just seem to click and have a lot in common. And since JLA already set up Dee for him, so no love triangles, then the only other thing is for them to become best friends.

I don't have many theories on why Dee, Dawson, and Daemon joined the Lux for the invasion. Besides the idea that they were threatened, that the lux threatened to kill Katy, Bethany, and/or Archer, I have no other clue on why they would do that.  Maybe they all have a hive mind and the desires of the many outweigh Daemon's desires and wishes. But the summary kind of shoots this theory down.


So, those are my predictions and hopes for what will happen in Opposition. What do you think is going to happen?

Happy reading



No comments:

Post a Comment