Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins


     I am back!!!! I am back!!!! I am back!!! Hello again my lovely computer. Hello again internet. Its been a long and wonderful vactation.
    It was a really great vacation. My family and I went canoeing, fishing , swimming, and more fishing. I did a lot of reading on vacation. So a lot of book reviews coming soon.








Grade:  5 Butterflies
Name: Sweet Evil
Series: The Sweet Trilogy
Author: Wendy Higgins
Released: May 1, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Page Amount: 464
                    

                       Goodreads summary

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


                                                 *******************************


                My thoughts


Story:
This story was pure awesomeness! I loved how dark it was. This story puts such a twist to angel mythology. I devoured every word in this book. It is such a fast paced book. However it started to get a little slow towards the end of the book, but I was so captivated with the story I didn't care. Although, towards the end I got annoyed with the on and off again relationship between Anna and Kaiden. You can either have her or not, make up your mind Kaidan.


Characters:
I loved all the characters in this book, even the sub characters. There was a great amount of character development in this book. For example, at the beginning of this book the main character Anna was such a goody girl. She had high morals and she never and I mean NEVER did anything bad. However, as the book goes on she gets more and more of an edge, but she never loses sight of her morals and her sense of right and wrong. And I loved that about her. The other characters didn't have as much development as Anna, but they still had a decent amount.


Writing:
The writing in this book was fonamanal. Wendy Higgins is such a talented author, especially for a first time author. Wendy Higgins sets up a wonderful first book in a series. I was never confused with the angel mythology or anything else. Her writing style is wonderful.


Ending:
The ending was a good ending, but at the same time it felt dissatisfying. What I mean by that is, the climax was exciting and biting-your-nails suspenseful, but there was about 10 or so pages after the climax. So, you kind of forget the climax when you finish the book. What I mean by that is, you forget the suspense of the climax. I like it when you finish a book with your heart punnding or your eyes watering. And this book didn’t leave with either of them. Don't get me wrong it was a good ending, but just not the best.


                            *************************

Overall:
This was an awesome book and an awesome start of hopefully an awesome trilogy. It was a fantastic plot line, it had awesome characters, wonderful writing, and a good ending.

                      
                             *************************


This book got..


5 Butterflies.
Blew me away, one of the best book ever.













That's my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.









1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have heard some pretty fantastic things about this book and your review has me convinced I am going to love it too! Dark, edgy novels are quickly becoming a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete