Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Birthday to Harry Potter!


Harry Potter Month is a month long event hosted by Faith over at @ GeekyZooGirl and Micheline @ Lunar-Rainbows. It is to celebrate the Harry Potter series. You can post about anything HP related and win points for your House and maybe win the House Cup. 


Today, July 31st, is the Birthday of one of my most beloved characters, Harry Potter. Woot *throws confetti in the air, leads parade down the street, play horribly in the marching band*!!! This also means the end to Harry Potter Month and I am so sad to see it go. I've had a blast these past few weeks fangirling about Harry Potter with all you guys, gushing about Sirius Black, ranting about Movie Ginny. Even though I haven't commented as much as I wanted to these last two weeks and posted very little, I still had a great time and I am so glad I decided to do all of this with you guys!

Harry Potter would be 35 today, sitting at home with Ginny, Ron and Hermione, and his kids, celebrating with a cake with green icing that Hagrid sent him. They would all be laughing at the memories, reminiscing about his time at Hogwarts. It would be all great fun. And then when the festivities ended and everyone was leaving, Harry would stop and think about the birthday that changed his life. He would think about his brief days at the miserable shack on the water with fondness because that was when Hagrid broke down the door and told him that he was a wizard. It was the day that he felt hope swell in his chest again, the day that everything started to make sense, the day he discovered who he was. It was this day that would impact his life forever and thus impact ours. 

Harry Potter has influenced my life so much and I am so happy I decided to reread them and see the magic for myself. I am amazed at how life-changing this book was, not just for me but hundreds, thousands, millions of other people around the world. It blows my mind that J. K. Rowling wrote such an influential book and how the world came together, in a sense, to read it. So many people knew the exact day the next book or movie was going to release. So many people woke up those days with a smile on their face because more Harry Potter, so many people stood in the midnight release lines, so many people connected and developed relationships and friendships because of Harry Potter. Say what you will about the movies or the series itself, as soon as The Sorcerors Stone released a classic was born and I can't wait for the day it will become official and I can buy all of the "Classic" editions of these books.

I will stop ranting about the amazingness of Harry Potter now. I don't know if this post makes much sense, but I've been re-writing it over and over for 3 days now and this is as good as its going to get. 


Happy Birthday Harry Potter





No comments:

Post a Comment