Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Book Recommendations: New Adult

So, a little background on this Book Recommendation. I started blogging because I wanted to share my thoughts about books. I wanted to gush and fangirl over my favorite books with people who loved books just as much as I do. I also wanted to recommend my favorite books to people and effectively have them become as obsessed about these books as I was. Over the years, I've realized I don't recommend books as much as I would like, and thus this new feature was born. I know this isn't original, hell it is probably the oldest feature for a book blog. Everyone does this and the first book blog ever probably did this. However, it is new to my blog and I wanted to do it, so I am doing it. 



New Adult is a genre that I don’t read often and because of that this post will be a little shorter than I intended my first book recommendation post to have.


"New Adult (NA) fiction is a developing genre of fiction with main characters around 18-15 years of age. New Adult fiction tends to focus on issues such as leaving home, developing sexuality, moving past traumatic events, developing romantic relationships, and making education and/or career choices."





Wait for You by J. Lynn (A.K.A Jennifer L. Armentrout)

Reasons to Read
A very relatable character. Beautifully written love story. A hidden secret (cliché I know, but it's much darker than I made it sound). A broken main character. Amazing character development. Hot, smexy scenes. And incredible love interest.

Quote
“As long as the sun’s shining, shit can’t be that bad.” 


Personal Thoughts
This book wonderful and amazing to read! Avery is such a relatable and brave main character. She seems so real and her issues are so raw and yet relatable (she’s debilitating shy) that its incredible to read about her and how she grows. She has had this event happen to her and I won’t say what because it would spoil it, but it adds such a real and dark aspect to the whole story. Also, the fact that you don’t know what actually happen to her for the majority of the book adds this mystery dynamic to the story. Lastly, the romance in this one is great because even though they both like each other at the beginning because she has to go through these issues it makes their relationship grow. They’re not just chemistry, they develop this beautiful relationship that makes you root for them the entire story.




Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Reasons to Read: 
Amazing characters and character development. A wonderfully tragic love story. A very relatable main character. Will give you all the feels!! (I am not kidding about that, I cried three separate times when reading this one).

Quotes:
"I don't want to be someone's second choice.” 

“There will never be a maybe someday.” 

Personal Thoughts
This book is one of my all-time favorite contemporaries! This book was just so emotional that I actually cried. I was thoroughly emotionally drained when I finished this one but in a good way. The author beautifully portrayed these character’s twisted and confused emotions and you couldn’t help but get caught up in the story and the characters. Read this one now!! It is breathtaking and beautiful!




Ten Tiny Breathes
Reasons to Read
A haunted main character. A beautiful love interest. Great character development. Beautiful writing. 

Quote:
“I can feel his very existence as if it's wrapping its hand around my soul, cradling it, trying to protect it from harm and I'm terrified. Terrified because I don't ever want the feeling to end.” 


Personal Thoughts
Okay, to be honest I didn’t like this book much. To sum it up, I thought it was full of clichés and all t predictable. However, I loved the dark aspect that was in this one. It added such an interesting dynamic to the story and made me much more invested with the main character and her struggles. And even though I didn’t like it much, so many others have and I seem to be the black sheep on this one, which is why I am still recommending it. 



I hope you go and read these books, especially Maybe Someday. If you were to read only one book from the post, read Maybe Someday!!

What are some of your favorite New Adult books?
Happy Reading



No comments:

Post a Comment