Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (73)




"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.

So.....I broke my ban this week. I just couldn't not get these books. *sigh* I love buying books to much.


The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
I've heard some really good things about this one and I've been looking for a copy since I heard about it. This was the first time I saw one at Barnes and Noble. So I had to snatch it up before it disappeared.

Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I read Cinder a while ago and really liked it, but I never wanted to get Scarlet in hardcover. Since Cress just released, Scarlet was finally released in paperback. So, I got it and then a copy of Cinder.

Lady Thief by A. C. Gaughen
I loved, loved, loved Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen. It is one of my favorite books. So, of course I got this once it released. However, I got on e-arc of this one and never read t. So, to justify buying this (since I had four other books in my hand at the time) I thought that since I didn't have the decency to read the e-arc when the publishers were nice enough to approve me I had to buy this copy so the author gets some money. I think that's a valid reason to broke my ban, don't you think?

The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
I read read the Final Empire and loved it!! So I had to get its sequel. I just had to!!


I also got a book to help me study for my AP exam, but I didn't want to show that one.

That's what I got this week, what did you get??
Happy reading







9 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's hard to go into a bookstore and come out empty handed. For that reason alone I rarely place a ban on myself. A lovely collection of books. I've been meaning to read Cinder and Scarlet. Happy reading :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying books is the best. I loved the Mistborn trilogy! My favorite one is the first book but the third one is all kinds of crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Cinder! But I have not read Scarlet or Cress. I was very disappointed by Lady Thief - I hope you enjoy it more than I did!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Cinder, and still need to read Scarlet and Cress. I heard they're great as well. Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Cinder and Scarlet! I have The Bronze Horseman on my e-reader, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsFebruary 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM

    I still haven't read Scarlet yet, so I'll have to so I can read Lady Thief and I so need to get in on the Lunar Chronicles fandom. Hopefully I'm buying Cinder Monday, so yay! :) There's always a good excuse to break a book ban. ;)

    Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always breaking my book bans too... whoops. Hope you enjoy your books anyway! My STS, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reviews from a BookwormFebruary 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM

    Great haul. I really need to hurry up and read the Lunar Chronicles, have heard nothing but good things! I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete