Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Grade4.5 Butterflies
Series: Covenant #1
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press 
Pages: Paperback 281 pages. 


The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.



This was my first ever Jennifer L. Armentrout book, who is now my favorite author. I was just browsing through the Barnes and Noble website and I found this book and it was cheap so I got the e-book version of it. I devoured this book in almost one sitting! I loved it! And it started my obsession with every Jennifer L. Armentrout book out there.

I loved this world. I thought  it was really cool and inventive and an really interesting twist on Greek Mythology. I just really enjoyed reading this world. It's a world that really sticks to you and the author wrote it in such a way that makes it seem real to you. Which makes it ten time better.

I also really loved this plot!! It grabs your attention and never lets it go, I just loved this plot!! And even though the star-crossed lovers thing have been done a lot in other books and movies and TV shows, Jennifer L. Armentrout somehow makes it feel new and interesting. I've read books that have the Star-crossed lovers theme in it and it's either the cheesiest thing ever or it feels so used that I can barely like the romance. But in this one I really liked it and it added another flavor to the plot.

Speaking of the romance I loved it in this book! Even though they don't get together, or barely get together, in this one there is still so much chemistry between them. You can feel their chemistry on the pages when you read the book. I also really liked these two together. I feel like their perfect for each other, they balance each other out and there just so good together.

I'll now talk about the thing that makes this book really controversial. I myself have never read the Vampire Academy series so I can not myself say this for certain if this is actually like it, but I've heard from a lot of bloggers and a lot of bloggers I trust, that this book is so much like the Vampire Academy books. They say that the plot structure is the exact same and the characters are really similar and it feels like the VA series. However, I also heard that it's only the first book that's like this. The second book is slightly like the second VA book and after that they are nothing alike. At all.

So, I would still recommend this book to you, but not if you are just reading it to compare it to the Vampire Academy series. If you are, don't read it. Because if you are looking for similarities you will find them. If you compare VA to any book or compare a book against another book, of course you're going to find similarities. Go into it with an open mind and if you do that and still hate it because of the similarities that's fine, just don't go into it trying to find similarities.

Overall, I loved this book!! And I love the rest of the series!! This series is just outstanding and amazing!! I can not wait for the last one to release!! I just need to see what happens next!!

This book got...

4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book. 



Happy reading





No comments:

Post a Comment