Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (38)



"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.

I had a really good book week. The box of books I ordered form amazon came this week!! I am really excited for all of them! I also got in the mail a book I won, I am really excited to read that one!




~Won~

Insomnia by J.R Johansson
I won this in a giveaway on the author's blog (HERE). And I am so excited to read this!!! It looks so good! This one comes out June 13.

~Amazon~

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin.
I've heard some really great things about this one and I was going to buy it last week, but decided not to. When I went on amazon to order a few things this one was in their Bargain Books for 3.60. That defiantly beats 10 bucks at Barnes & Noble. So, I started this one already and it was good until I started hating the main character. I can't stand this girl.

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy.
I read and reviewed this already (review HERE) I loved this book. So, I wanted my own copy and you never know with online shopping whether or not your going to like the copy and I really like this copy. So, I'm happy about that.

This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
I bought this one and the last two, because I just read the Great Gatsby (Review) and loved his writing. So, I wanted to read some more of his books. So, I got them.

Tales from the Jazz Age by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
This is just a few of his short stories and I got this mainly, because it has The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I watched this movie and Loved it, I also cried about ten times. I never knew this was a book (well short story) I really want to read this story. I also like this copy, but the text has the font of a type writer. Which I am wary about, because I can read it, but it would take me a while to get used to it.

The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
This one just looks good. Thats all I really have to say.


That's all the books I got this week, what did you get?
Happy reading.











30 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! I've been dying to read Insomnia!! I've heard a lot about Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac. I really hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't :(. I can't wait to get to Insomnia!!

      Delete
  2. Grats on your win Kimberly! :D
    I'm personally looking forward to reading Insomnia myself, it looks good!
    Enjoy all your books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love receiving books in the mail. I remember The Scarlet Pimpernel. Loved both the book and the movie.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the movie yet, but I keep hearing its good. So, I want to watch it soon :D.

      Delete
  4. The Scarlet Pimpernel looks like a fun read(: Great Haul I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win! I read The Great Gatsby quite a long time ago for school, and with the movie coming out, it might be a good time for a reread. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to watch the movie, but I have a feeling it won't match the book much.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the win of Insomnia! I also won a copy of Insomnia from Jen on her blog, a while ago. It's supposed to be a great book! I haven't read it yet.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, I haven't heard of any of these! I feel so behind. >.< Great haul, and I hope you enjoy reading them all!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fine. Most of these don't really have hype surrounding them. Which is sad because Insomnia should have more hype.

      Delete
  8. Oooh, Insomnia looks good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo some good books I see here! I have my eye on Insomnia - awesome win! Enjoy all of them!! & thanks for stopping by :)

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  10. F. Scott Fitzgerald! I haven't read any of his books, but I'm dying to read The Great Gatsby. Great haul!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Great Gatsby wasn't the best book. So, don't get your hopes up.

      Delete
  11. I have Insomnia as well but I don't know other books. Nice haul :D

    Enjoy!
    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Insomnia!!!! It looks so good!

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I've been curious as to how Insomnia is! I'll be watching out for your review! Happy reading Kimberly!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review will be up someday in late May are early June :D

      Delete
  13. AAhh, so jealous of the paperback copy of Insomnia! I have an ARC, but it's an egalley. Anyway, happy reading! :D
    Stacking the Shelves
    New Meme for Cover Lovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my first ever paperback arc!! And I am so excited!!!

      Delete
  14. Great haul! *grabs Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and The Beautiful and Damned* :))

    Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beautiful and the Damned looks really good! :D

      Delete
  15. Congrats on winning! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog on FF
    Im GFC and Bloglovin following
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters

    ReplyDelete