Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (37)



"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.


I had a really nice week, book wise. I didn't buy a signal book, but I did go to my awesome library that deserves an award, because I got so many good books. All of these books (except for Shards & Ashes) have been on my TBR pail for the longest time. I just can't wait to read these!

Library


I got..

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.
This looks like such a great, it's about assassins, whats not to like.

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins.
I saw a review for this and the blogger made it sound really great. I can't wait to read this!!

The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry.
I have heard a lot of mixed things about this one, one reviewer hated it and another loved it. So I guess we'll have to see what side I end up in.

Shards and Ashes by various authors.
So, this is just a book with a lot of short stories in it from some popular authors. I know I am not going to read it from cover to cover,but I will read a few of the short stories inside.

The Archived by Victoria Schwab.
I have wanted to read this since is came out and I have heard nothing but great things about this. So, I really can't wait to read this!

Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst.
I am currently reading this and its good, but there isn't much of a plot so far.


Arc


Tragic by J. A. Huss
I am going to be in this book tour and I got a review copy from the author and I know its going to be my next read for sure. This book looks so good!



That's what I got this week. What did you get?
Happy reading.









17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Temptation and hope you do too. Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really hard much about it, but i'm glad it has some love :D.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read Temptation myself! I need to snag a copy, especially with the next book coming out soon!
    I've been meaning to read The Archived for a long time now, I have to do it soon!
    Thanks for stopping by my STS Kimberly! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read The Archived and i've been intrigued every time I see The Peculiars on people's lists.
    HOpe you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for new library books! I have The Archived and Vessel, but I MUST get Shards and Ashes soon. Great haul! Have a fantastic weekend!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting the TRAGIC cover up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Peculiars awesome(: I have been wanting to read this one too, but unfortunately my library doesn't have a copy.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great haul! I have been wanting to read The Archived & The Peculiars for a while now.

    Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you got a lot of good books this week! The archived sounds pretty awesome. Enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I keep meaning to pick up the Archived. The premise sounds so good. Happy reading!
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not really familiar with any of these books, but then I hope you enjoy reading them all :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    Check This Out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked The Vessel but haven't read any of the others you list. I hope you enjoy them. Please come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I'm jealous! My library has a pretty rubbish selection lol
    Thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection of books there. Hope you enjoy them all.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Haul! Nicole really enjoyed The Archived, I still want to read it!


    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh.... that looks like an interesting book!! Hope you enjoy it!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I have the Brett Weeks series in my cupboard.... my sister really enjoyed it, I think I will have to get to it!!

      Delete