Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Books of the Year

So I realize that The Broke and the Bookish  did their Top Ten Tuesday this week about the top ten favorite books so far this year. I just forgot to do it. I totally spaced out for memes last week and I didn't write my TTT post. And I didn't realize this until this Tuesday, which by then it was to late for me to write up a post because that was a really busy day for me. But anyways, here is my post about my favorite reads this year.

I've read a total of 38 books, which is really behind my 100 books challenge, but I"m not to sad/worried about that. However, 38 books is still a late of books. So, this list was a little hard to make.


The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas- I loved this book!! I loved the stories in this book. I loved how each novella corresponded with each other making it feel like one complete book. I also loved the perspective it gave readers in everyone's backstory.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson- I just finished this book and it was just so freaking amazing!! The world building, the characters, the plot, everything was so freaking amazing!!

Lady Thief by A. C. Gaughen- I loved Scarlet and this book was such a great sequel!! If you haven't started this series, why haven't you? 

(My Brandon Sanderson line)

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson- This book, guys this book was freaking amazing!! This book was such a great start to this series and such a great book overall! I loved this one; it blew me away!

The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson- This book was so good!! It may be even better then  Mistborn, which I didn't think possible when I went into this. This series is just getting better and better!!

The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson- This book was just so unique and was such a great read! I loved this world the author made in this book, I loved the plot and the characters, it was just such an great fantastic book!!


Where She Went by Gayle Forman- This book was just such a beautiful book about moving on and love and death. It was just so great!

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry-
I devoured this book when I read it. It was just so great and I loved the romance in it, it felt so realistic. This book is my fave in this series by far. 

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- Do I need to explain?


The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa- This was a great continuation to the series!! I loved every second of reading this one!

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa- Holy crap this book was such a fantastic ending to this outstanding series! I loved it, but I am sad that the series has ended.

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi- Basically ditto to Ignite Me. I loved this book and the ending. I realize that their were some faults in this book, but I still fell in love with this book.



Those were my favorite books so far this year. What are yours?
Happy reading


No comments:

Post a Comment