Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa



Grade: 4.5 Butterflies
Series: Blood of Eden #2
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: Hardcover, 434 pages

Goodreads Summary 

 Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.













I read The Immortal Rules last year and loved it!! It was on my top 13 of 2013 it was that amazing. When I finished it I wanted to go out and read the second one right away, but I didn't because I heard it had a killer cliffhanger. So I finally read it and loved it!!! I might have liked it better then the first one, it was just such a great book!! I loved every part of it!!

So the plot in this book was really captivating!! In the majority of the book it was fast paced and gripping and even when it slowed down a bit in some places it was still captivating and gripping. I just couldn't get enough of the plot, it was just so good!! It was so great, and so well written and so well thought out. I just loved it!!

Speaking of the writing, I would like to talk about my one and only small little issue I had with this book. The writing in this book, like in everyone of Julie Kagawa's books, was amazing to a point. It was a figurative and captivating!! And this woman can paint a picture like no other with just her words. However, sometimes she takes a little long to paint the picture. Let me explain this a little more. Several times throughout me reading
this book I would be on a page and since I have no will power my eyes would flick to the next page or the next paragraph just to see what happens next. And there would be no dialogue. Sometimes for several pages there would be no dialogue, just her explaining what the world looks like and setting the mood.  And when your sitting there reading the book you get really annoyed with this and think she writes about the setting to much. However, when you go back and read the pages you were suppose to it doesn't feel like she wrote to much. You would fly through those pages and in your mind's eye you would get such a clear picture of wherever the heck that characters where. So, this lead me to one second hate her writing style and in the next second love it again. So, a little bit of mixed feelings there.

Besides that I had no other issues with this book. Everything was just so amazing!!! Allie, like in the last book, was freaking amazing and such a kick-butt character. She is one of my all time favorite characters, she had such depth to her that she felt like a real person. She had flaws and she had weaknesses along with strengths. She was and is such a well written character. That also goes for the rest of the characters, even the side characters had an amazing amount of depth and where so well written. Julie Kagawa is amazing at writing characters.

Not only is she good with characters, she is amazing at romance. Zeke and Allie's relationship felt very real to me. It didn't feel like a generic relationship, it seemed so real to me. They had hardships, doubts, fears, but they still loved each other. And they have chemistry. Whenever they interact you can just feel the sparks coming off the pages. But it isn't just chemistry, they feel like they love each other. They love each other so much that you can't help but love their relationship and rooting for it.

One of my favorite things about this series is that Julie Kagawa doesn't try and romanticize vampires. In mythology vampires are these ruthless monsters who don't care if they kill people and I like how Julie Kagawa doesn't ignore that but brings it the surface. Not only that but the author does great at blurring lines that should be black and white. Throughout the whole book Allie struggles with not being a monster, she doesn't want to kill people. And yet she learns to love a person who embraces his monster side and you as the reader also learns to love said character. Julie Kagawa does a great job at making her readers ask very deep questions and I love books that make me do that!

Overall this book blew me away!!! I feel like I didn't say that enough in this review, but this book was so freaking amazing and just blew me away!!! I loved it and I can't wait for the next one to come out, because I need to know what happens next!! That was a killer cliffhanger all right.

This book got...

4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book. 




Happy reading







No comments:

Post a Comment